No announcement yet.

Have a really amazing invention, how do I contact Microsoft to pitch it to them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a really amazing invention, how do I contact Microsoft to pitch it to them?

Like the title says, I have a really amazing invention, how do I contact Microsoft to pitch it to them?

Re: Have a really amazing invention, how do I contact Microsoft to pitch it to them?

Use an attorney to protect your rights. Even if it happens to be something that Microsoft would even consider, they'll bend you over in a second using loopholes you don't even know exist. It also might be a good idea to patent this invention so you have legal rights to its use and licensing.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Have a really amazing invention, how do I contact Microsoft to pitch it to them?

Darthtanion is right in that if it is a for sure original idea, then you better get an attorney on it right away and should patten it. Unfortunately I don't think you can get a patent on the idea; you have to produce a model of the invention and blueprints on it before it can be pattented. Therefore I hope whatever your idea is, is fairly simple and cheap, instead of complex and expensive. The patent costs money as well. Just a little foresight.

Comment

Well, it sounds like this is going to be a lot more work than I thought. I better start with designing then. Thanks for the info.

Comment

So, what is the idea?
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

what do u think of this ideas?

duel sided mobo

or how about having cpu sockets,ram dimms,and all pcis with half copper teeth and half fiber optics ?

the copper teeth is for power and the fiber optics are for data transfer
            My Stationary Dust Vacuum
            GA-MA790XT-UD4P v1 F7 Bios
            AMD 955 BE @ 3.7 ~1.42v
            NB@2200 HT@2000
            DDR3 SuperTalent 1333(W1333UX4GM) 8-8-8-22-T1
            500g Seagate HD, 7 Premium 64, 4gigs Readyboost
            EVGA 8800 GTS 640mb, LG 22"
            X-FI Gamer, Logitech X-540 5.1 spkrs
            CoolerMaster 932 HAF case & V8 CPU cooler
            Logitech Trackman, G11 keys, Rumble 2 pad, Force 3D Pro
            MagicJerk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak View Post
              So, what is the idea?
              Yea, tell us all about this idea. We'll tell you if it's any good.
              P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
              880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
              2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Comment

How about a CPU that could fry steak and make grilled cheese sandwiches with those nice looking char lines on them?

No, wait, that was the Pentium 4 Prescott.
                Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

I've been thinking about stuff like that too - something needs to be done.

I'd rather see mobos with better cooling solutions built in to keep the whole system cooler - something along the lines of a giant peltier unit or something. Maybe they could actually make the Northbridge and Southbridge heatsinks more like the CPU ones with a decent fan on them.

I also thought about why not making a multi level mobo - to allow you to have more RAM in the same amount of space, or even a 2nd CPU without going for a server board etc..

theres loads of ideas that a lot of people think about.. Maybe one day they'll put more than 1% of it into practice to see what they can do.
                  i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

Comment

TBH, most if not all NB and SB chipsets don't produce enough heat to warrant huge coolers and fans.

Even if one did fit larger sinks and fans, the heat they dissipated would still be dumped into the case, unfortunately. Unless severely over volted, your NB, SB and MOSFETs will be fine really. OFC, if water cooling, then WC on the NB and FETS may as well be done, it's an enthusiast thing. It also means that minimal case air flow is then needed. The SB definitely doesn't need beefier cooling. I'd bet everyone on a modern SB could easily remove their current heatsink and it's run almost at the same temp.

Those large looking sinks on some of the new P55 and the X58's are the size they are because they are also cooling auxilliary SATA, PCIE bridges etc.

For the multi CPU thing, I suppose they could go back to slotted CPU's and rather than the slot part being part of the CPU, have it come with the mobo with say 4 CPU sockets on it. The board to card connector could be similar to a PCI/PCIE card's contacts but obviously there'd be many more of them and the slot would have to be a direct connection for decent bandwidth.

Problem is that everything in a PC conforms to some kind of standard. Everything has to be ratified, from form factors to sockets to PCIe and USB to PSU ATX levels etc. There's actually a lot less flexibility than one would think.
                    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
                    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
                    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
                    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
                    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
                    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
                    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
                    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
                    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
                    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
                    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
                    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
                    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
                    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

new ideas/inventions really need protections, after you get your lawyer please tell us something about it and some samples please hehehe!

Windows XP Drivers | HP Drivers

Comment

I'll never have the money to tie up in obtaining a lawyer, copyrights, etc. (it's a pretty expensive endeavor)
                        Then you have the issue of drumming up the capital to create a prototype or even to have the technical drawings made.

My 'million-dollar-idea' (which is soon to be worthless since I'm posting it in a public forum) is the result of 15+ years in the graphic arts side of IT...

'FlashScan' - the first scanner with no mechanical moving parts. Instant capture, high volume document scanning with minimal artifacts.
                        Since all scanners are subject to quality issues and device failure due to the fact that there's a stepping motor and the light moves across the image, it seems to me that a new type of scanner would be possible and much needed in the newer all-digital world of graphics production.

Just like a large digital camera...picture the scanner bed being completely covered with high res CCDs capable of macro imaging (very close to subject)
                        Wedge a color corrected ring light/strobe in between the CCDs and the scanner bed so the surface of the item being scanned can be properly lit.
                        The image would be produced, interpolated and sent to the host machine instantly (as fast as the preview appears on a point and shoot digital)
                        There may be a need for some extra processing power onboard in the scanner so the data can be piped at a high bitrate to the host machine and so it wouldn't tax the system resources too much when doing batch scanning.
                        For batch document or photo scanning you'd have to add an auto feeder to the lid that could retrieve the next item, convey it to the scanner glass quickly, park it for a moment with a DeSkew stop and then move it off for the next one to come in.
                        So...I guess there would be a moving component, BUT it would not be the imaging components.
                        My point being...you hold a camera as still as possible when taking a picture, why is scanning the exact opposite. The 'camera' moves acorss the image???

What do ya think?
                        Last edited by Jerm1970; 03-17-2010, 01:22 PM.

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
                        ASUS Maximus Extreme Z
                        i7Core 2600k Sandy Bridge
                        Swiftech H20-X20 Edge HD
                        16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
                        (5) 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSDs
                        Evga GeForce GTX 580
                        Ultra X4 1600W PSU
                        Lite On BD Burner
                        ASUS CD/DVDRW
                        Creative XFi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ
                        Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
                        Ultra Aluminus Card Reader, eSATA, USB3.0
                        Drobo (4Bay) 6TB
                        Icy Dock (4Bay) 1.5TB
                        Logitech G19 Keyboard
                        Cyborg RAT-9 Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho101 View Post
                          TBH, most if not all NB and SB chipsets don't produce enough heat to warrant huge coolers and fans.
                          You obviously never had any of the Nvidia based mobos like the 680i Striker Extreme or the 780i Striker II Formula haha.

Even with 5 Delta fans (4k rpm, 190cfm) - 2 pulling air in, 2 sucking it out and 1 blowing air onto the Mobos N-bridge the N-Bridge still ran at nearly 60c

Sorry about the delay, was busy in RL for a long spell - until I became jobless - so back to no money again.
                          i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

Comment

i had a cool idea once, you know all those portable devices you have? how they waste power doing 90 things at once they don't need to ?

how about a magnetically charged power supply with a battery powering, get this.. 1 laser led with a tri band wavelength for colour replication that powers a photonic cpu, and loops the photons until they decay below ( whatever wavelength you find appropriate for your cpu timing speed ) and instead of wasting it, you pump used photons through the screen, or to your molecular crystalline storage device you have a mobile device that uses less power than a led flashlight, generates nearly 0 noise or heat, that you could charge by shaking it like a shake to activate torch

that sort of thing is the future :)
                            it's a shame it's completely beyond our current technology but i'm calling it now so you can all call me a genius later

your scanner idea sort of exists already, there are wand scanners that work like traditional scanners you just wipe them over things and the pc figures out where things are meant to go, you might want to accompany that idea with printing an entire program, like a pc game onto a sheet of paper and instantly employing it into a pc by taking a super resolution picture of the code
                            it would cut down alot of cost in producing physical software storage!

how about ultra thin sheets you can scan with your camera, and overlay them on your photo collection in an invisible pattern that the pc can read in colour distortion of less than a shade per pixel in a wavelength we cant see that way you could store small programs you scan in over the same hdd space, or store data in a magazine picture instead of in a cd attached to it.. visible to pc only discriminatory imaging systems.. you know, make it sound good..
                            Last edited by Lug; 03-28-2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Write it down on paper send it to yourself by certified mail make sure it has a date on it(called a poor mans patent) It works!!!! then wait for someone to use your idle call a good expensive lawyer, tell him someones using your idle and boom your rich!!!
                              MSI X-99SLI
                              Intel 5930K WATER
                              EVGA Nilla 1080
                              POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
                              X