Xp 1700 CPU Bus Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xp 1700 CPU Bus Speed

I have a Gigabyte GA-7VAX and a Athlon Xp 1700 1.47Ghz I have left the Clock Ratio on auto what should the System bus speed be set at?

100Mhz
    133mhz
    166Mhz

Im using 256M PC2100 Mem!

Cheers!

133MZ

Comment

Cheers for that dude! Thats what I thought but i carnt get the thing to work everything is set fine but it wont turn on, ive tried 2 diff cases memory Still no luck, I just dunno what to do now Ive allready burnt out 2 cpus on other faulty motherboards begining to get very anoyed now! Any ideas what im doing wrong?

If I try to override the auto cpu setters 133mhz at 11x would be right for 1.47Gb? yep? Im not going mad am i?

Comment

You need to flip that switch... auto leaves it at 100MHz. Athlons run @133

<table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
        Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
        Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
        2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
        80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
        </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
        Blaster Live!<br>
        Volcano 7+<br>
        GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
        19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
        </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

I have the GA-7AXP. There are two little dip-switches that need to be flipped for the FSB to be set at 133mhz.

Comment

Cheer for that, i had them all set right i think its a prob with thecase!

Comment

If you've fried multiple CPUs and tried different memory...you may want to make sure that your CPU fan is getting power and also that your Power Supply is giving your componenets the proper /consistant voltage. I highly doubt that your case is causing your problem as it just functions as housing for your parts.

Comment

Yeah when I said case I meant to say Power supply! I not really have the knowledge or equipment to check it, and certainly can not check the motherboards how are they checked does anyone else know how?

Comment

There is an Antec power supply checking device that several computer shops in my area sell. They aren't terribly expensive, but then again I'm not sure how accurate they are. if you can, you can usually see what the voltages are in the BIOS of your motherboard in the PC-Health section.

Comment

Yeah dont think i will buy one of them I will just return it, but u know what these comps are like i carnt see them refunding me the money for the cpus even though there equipment was faulty!

Comment

If the power supply (PSU) came with the case, they will more or less tell you that the PSU is/does not meet AMD's specified requirements for powering Athlon Processors. With that said you'd probably be better off buying a new PSU. Or you can go ahead and try to get some money back or credit at least towards a better case w/an approved PSU.

Comment

Working...
                      X