Recomend me a good athlon 64 processor and motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomend me a good athlon 64 processor and motherboard

Requirements: The cost beetween the motherboard and procesor must not be higher than 400 dolars, also the motherboard must support DDR400 ram memory and obviously have an agp 8x slot.

Also tell me if the heatsink is included with the processor, and what kind of power supply i need for this motherboard/processor
    Note: Motherboard can be atx or micro atx

Thanks in advance for yer internet wisdom
    Last edited by computernewbie; 04-21-2005, 03:27 PM.

Re: Recomend me a good athlon 64 processor and motherboard

I have yet to see a mainboard sold yet that has both PCIe and AGP slots.

Comment

hmm ok, i'll edit my original post out to fit reality.

Comment

Thanks for your recomendation. Can you tell me what kind of power supply do i need for this processor and if it ahs any overclocking capabilities?

Comment

Thanks again for your advice. Now i gotta check if they sell this on amazon (the only store i have found that accepts international credit cards).

Comment

A 360W Thermaltake runs the risk of being issuficient for a socket 939 system such as that. I'd suggest you get a 480W if possible, but at least 420W. In the U.S. the Thermaltake 420W is no more expensive than a 350W and a 480W isn't much worse.

You can also get a retail processor if you want a heatsink/fan to be included. A third-party one would be better if you want it quieter. You can get an Athlon 64 3000, 3200, 3500, 3800, 4000, or FX-55, depending on your budget, which is what choosing the CPU comes down to.

Comment

A 360W Thermaltake runs the risk of being issuficient for a socket 939 system such as that. I'd suggest you get a 480W if possible, but at least 420W. In the U.S. the Thermaltake 420W is no more expensive than a 350W and a 480W isn't much worse.
              Yea but i live in venezuela, I have 36% import taxes and if i try to buy a power supply here, i'll end up commiting seppuku before the end of the day due to hilariously high prices, so i have to buy through amazon which is also a little pricey (in comparison to newegg). So far i have seen 50 bucks difference between a 420W ps and a 500w ps, so i am kind of planning to buy a case that already includes a 420w ps for 60 something dollars.
              Anyway thanks for the advice on the power supply.

Comment

You'd better make sure the case is from a company known for making good PSUs. Antec, for example, makes some nice cases that come with PSUs.

Comment

The manufacturer is called chemning (is it any good?)
                  this is the link to this case in amazon http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=electronics

Comment

Chenming (now known as UNEEC) supplies cases and power supplies for big name suppliers around the world such as Antec, Chieftech, Thermaltake plus many more others.

Comment

Working...
                    X