X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock B450 Pro4 - 32 GB does not run with 3200 Mhz

Hello,
    I have a problem with my B450 Pro4
    When I bought the board new, I had only 16 GB Ram installed. The RAM was of type 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX LP black DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit. These 16 GB ran without problems with 3200 Mhz.
    Now I upgraded the board again and installed another 16 GB RAM of the same type. But I can't run the 32 GB with 3200 Mhz anymore. In the BIOS I loaded the XMP profile DDR4-3200 16-18-18-36 1.35V. But I can't get beyond a clock speed of 2800 Mhz. Can anyone tell me what this is due to? Does the board perhaps not supply enough voltage to run 32 GG at 3200 Mhz? Thanks for your help.
    Rgds
    Chris

If you want all 4 banks the ram speed goes down - this is normal for most mobo brands
    X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 - 16GB Kit
    GV-RX570AORUS-4GD
    1x 970 SSD / 2x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win10x64

Comment

The Asrock B450 Pro4 is a motherboard designed for use with AMD Ryzen processors. It supports up to 32GB of DDR4 memory, but the maximum supported memory speed is only 2933 MHz. This means that while the motherboard can physically support 32GB of memory, it is not designed to run memory at speeds higher than 2933 MHz.
      There are a few possible reasons why the Asrock B450 Pro4 may not be able to run with 3200 MHz memory:
      1. The motherboard's BIOS may not be able to handle memory speeds higher than 2933 MHz. In this case, you would need to update the BIOS to a version that supports faster memory speeds.
      2. The motherboard may not be compatible with the specific type of memory you are using. It's important to check that the memory you are using is compatible with the motherboard and that it meets the required specifications.
      3. The memory timings may not be set correctly. Memory timings are a set of values that determine how the memory communicates with the motherboard. If these timings are not set correctly, the memory may not function at its full speed.
      4. The memory voltage may not be set correctly. Memory voltage is the amount of power that the memory receives from the motherboard. If the voltage is too low, the memory may not function at its full speed.
      It is important to check the motherboard's manual and the memory's specifications to make sure they are compatible. If the problem persists, it is recommended to contact the technical support of ASROCK or the memory manufacturer for further assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X