Beeeeeeeeeeep!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok here's a n00b question :D

by the core you mean the center of the processor right?

so I can get a magnifying glass and take a look...

Comment

That's it but usually damage is evident to the naked eye. :thumb:

Comment

bummers

I don't see how I could have cracked it, I was much rougher when I put the first cpu fan on

being the first time I had done it :D

now it takes me a couple seconds to do ;)

Comment

Actually damage to the core crossed my mind the other day - was (and still am) hoping that was not the case.

I did get afraid though when you posted you had tried to boot without the HSF being hooked up though. (dude, that T-bird will melt down in heartbeat)
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

well if u can't see anythin wrong wif the core, then i'd say try all components on another board :D if that works, get a new mobo/replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
              I did get afraid though when you posted you had tried to boot without the HSF being hooked up though. (dude, that T-bird will melt down in heartbeat)
              6 seconds... that's how long mine took to fry without the HSF... You might not see any visible scorth marks on it, but if you tried to start it without any cooling on there, then there is a good chance you did kill it... Can you try another CPU in your machine to test?

Comment

Did you see that video Hardocp made about the CPU temps without the hsf on it?

Comment

I saw the one that Tom's Hardware did.....

Comment

why do ya needa see a video when u r fullly capable of doing it yourself? ;) Beefy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                      Actually damage to the core crossed my mind the other day - was (and still am) hoping that was not the case.

I left the HS on I just unplugged the fan ;)

Comment

I wish I had another CPU or mobo I could test with, would make this alot easier, I don't wanna go buy a new mobo and find out it's the CPU that's toast, or vice versa....

I'll flip a coin on which to buy and hope for the best ;)

Comment

Originally posted by skullshot
                          why do ya needa see a video when u r fullly capable of doing it yourself? ;) Beefy
                          Cos the video had smoke and stuff.. mine just had a cool pinging sound effect followed by my swearing.. :)

Comment

:laugh: u shoulda taken a video of that :)

Comment

sorry. i didn't think of that at the time.. I wasn't really expecting my heatsink to fall off when it did.. :)

Comment

btw, I did happen to notice that I can wiggle the HS while it's mounted on the CPU

I should not be able to do that, should I :?:

Comment

Working...
                                X