Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jameswalter
    replied
    Whenever a CPU cannot be detected, there are only a couple of causes. Either there's something wrong with the BIOS, the motherboard, or the CPU itself. But, usually, it is the BIOS. Fortunately, this is the easiest thing you can test and fix, so we recommend trying this fix first.

Leave a comment:

• becketharper585
    replied
    The problem you're experiencing with your MSI B450M M2 V2 motherboard not detecting the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is likely due to a compatibility issue between the CPU and the motherboard.
    There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
    1. Check that the CPU is properly seated in the socket. Make sure that the CPU is fully inserted and that the locking lever is securely in place.
    2. Make sure that the CPU fan is properly connected to the motherboard and that it is working properly. The CPU fan helps to keep the CPU cool, and if it is not working properly, the CPU may shut down to protect itself.
    3. Check the power supply. Make sure that the power supply is providing enough power to the system and that the cables are properly connected.
    4. Try resetting the CMOS. This can be done by unplugging the power supply, removing the battery for a few minutes, then putting the battery back in and plugging the power supply back in.
    5. Check the BIOS settings. Make sure that the BIOS is configured correctly for the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. Some BIOS settings, such as memory timings and voltage, can affect the stability of the system.
    6. Check if there is any BIOS update available and update it accordingly. Make sure to follow the instructions properly and backup your data before updating the BIOS
    If the problem persists after trying these troubleshooting steps, it may be necessary to contact MSI technical support for further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• jhonmaxie
    replied
    i never face an issue like this on my hire laptop in melbourne. might be possible there is a problem with you AMD ryzen 5 3600. check it on another motherboard

Leave a comment:

• turmir
    started a topic Motherboard is not getting detected CPU

Motherboard is not getting detected CPU

The problem is, my motherboard MSI b450m M2 V2 is not getting detected CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 most of the time . Once in half an hour or more, my system detects CPU. For rest of the time ez debug led for CPU stays lit. If the system detects the CPU it works like a normal pc. But if it is shutdown or restarted, it takes at least half an hour to detect the CPU again. I did updated bios for Ryzen 3rd gen CPUs.

Hope to see some help
Working...
X