• Show
Clear All

• GA-Z97X-SOC cold boot just after shutdown fails

Hello,

you might help...

One year ago I bough a GA-Z97X-SOC building a upgraded config:

Antec HCG 900W
    Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC (F6 bios)
    Intel Core i5-4690K Haswell 1150 22 nm (OC @ 4.4Ghz stable)
    Zalman CNPS10X Performa
    Saphire HD7970 (OC @ 1100Ghz)
    G.Skill RipJaws (4x2Go) DDR3 12800
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250Go
    Raid0 Western Digital Caviar Blue ATA 6Gb/s
    RME HDSP 9632

Attached a CPU-Z report

Since the beginning I have a problem.

If I shutdown from windows and them restart the computer in the next 5s, I have a endless loop boot retry 90% of the time.
    4s beetween each reboot...
    I unmount the board from case and let only one memory, the cpu & gpu, it does the same!
    overclock/underclock/default/all all absolutly all give same results.
    Sometime it just rebbot twice with a bios message "boot failure", just enter bios and quit => boot
    I need wait with power plug off for 5minute and them it works... or I unplug psu from motherboard, it looks also to work, quicker but no so accessible...
    I suspect the psu as it is the only thing I hadn't try yet, but... on another PC that psu works good, so...
    Sometime I had the pc that can't boot anymore, nothing happends on power! then, I need to use ingnytion because all looks dead, but ingnytion brings back everything to live... then loop boot failure ... so wait 5minute, sometime that bios faillure... and... windows lol That's fast boot with enable with GA-Z97X-SOC xD :P

Any idea?
    quite strange...
    today I'm boring with that...
    High end motherboard or not?
    I run sim racing with 4 screens with lot of config managment with eyeinfinity of amd... when I fall down with videoprojectors troubles, graphic controller troubles and them finishing to even can't boot... I feel ALONE!!! lol

So if you could help, ... :)
    Thanks,
    Julien
    Attached Files
Working...
X