Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R Overvoltage Problems

Hey Guys!
    I've had a few persisting problems over the past few months and i cant get my head around them.
    I was hoping you smart cookies could help me.

Problem 1:
    I think my Mobo is over-volted in every way... I am very proficient with most aspects of computers but the BIOS voltages and overclocking absolutely baffle me :S
    I get the the red CPU over-voltage leds and my cpu is at stock speeds 3.33ghz. This over voltage is throwing everything off i think. I try to speed up my ram to 1866Mhz but it wont even launch bios if i do and have to clear cmos to fix, when it should hit those speeds just fine. CAN SOMEONE PLLLEEEEEEAAAAASE give me the correct voltages and settings my system should be set to because this is driving me mad and has the potential to cost me a lot of money :(

Problem 2: My NorthBridge heatsink is running super hot. Too hot to touch for longer than 2 secs. Could it be due to the over voltage? I was going to take the blue plate off and install a fan on it????

Problem 3: I just bought myself the GTX570 and a Corsair H60. After i installed those parts i tried rebooting my PC and to my horror it got to the end of the initial boot and says...

*Verifying DMI pool data...* THEN
    *Recovering lost DRAM size...*

2 seconds after the dram msg my pc reboots. It does this 3 times and on the 4th reboot it goes: *Verifying DMI pool data...* then boots into windows. It does this consistently always 3 reboots then a proper windows boot. Once I'm in though it can only detect 2x2gb of my total 6gb of ram. I've heard that for some reason the 5th & 6th ram slot got deactivated so it cant pick up the last stick... is clearing cmos a viable fix or is it more involved? Please help ASAP because its quite annoying. I think the rebooting has stopped now? but im still not getting the other ram stick, im still stuck with 4gb :(

BTW, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont ask me to make sure all my ram is working because i already have.

Please guys i need help, a picture or a list of settings for my bios because this stress caused from a constantly malfunctioning PC which my life revolves around is draining me!!!
    I can post pics when i get home...

My rig:
    GA-X58A-UD3R (FH BIOS version)
    i7-960 (not overclocked) running at 3.33Ghz
    Gainward GTX570
    Corsair HX-850
    3x2gb of corsair dominator running at 1066Mhz (its max is 1866mhz)
    Corsair H60 CPU cooler
    OCZ SSD 240gb

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R Overvoltage Problems

Reply here

Comment

Working...
    X