Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R, Keyboard and Mouse not Working, can't get into BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R, Keyboard and Mouse not Working, can't get into BIOS

I don't know if I have a board problem or a processor problem. When I woke my computer yesterday morning, the KB and mouse were not working. I plugged them into the two available USB3 ports and it started working. I checked the device manager and it showed two of the USB ports not working so shut the computer down and reset the BIOS and rebooted. On boot, I pressed the DEL key to enter BIOS and nothing happen as the computer is still not seeing my KB or mouse. After it booted and windows loaded the USB ports were still not working so I decided to reload a "system restore". Part way through I got a "Blue Screen" and the computer rebooted. The problem now is on a screen that says "Windows Resume Loader" and I'm suppose to make a selection, only problem is the keyboard is not working.

Computer
    MB Gigabyte GA-x58a-ud3r
    i7 930
    12 gigs memory
    two Evga 465 in SLI
    Windows 7 x64

Any help would be appreciated.
    Gale

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UR3R, Keyboard and Mouse not Working, can't get into BIOS

did it used to work before? checked to se if usb keyboard and mouse or usb legacy devices are enabled in the bios? using the latest mb bios?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that the USB keyboard/mouse settings and/or USB legacy devices were set to "disabled" . . . this would prevent any USB input devices being recognized by the BIOS. Use the jumper on the motherboard to reset to factory defaults (or remove the battery for 30-60sec), then restart, enter the BIOS, and set the date/time and boot order, and leave everything else alone (or borrow/buy a PS2 keyboard if you don't have one handy - a PS2 keyboard/mouse MUST be plugged in to the PC with the PC powered off, otherwise it will not be recognized). If you're using a PS2 keyboard/mouse and it is not recognized, try to get your hands on a USB keyboard/mouse or simply follow the same steps and look around in the BIOS for a PS2 setting. Settings for PS2 in BIOS are fairly rare, but I have seen a few BIOSes where PS2 input devices can be set to "auto" or "disabled" - obviously "auto" is the correct choice.

(NOTE - be sure the main power cord that connects the PC to the wall/surge protector is unplugged from the PC before opening the PC case and moving jumpers and/or removing the battery - even though the PC is powered off, there is still standby voltage and can even be 'lingering' voltage that can cause permanent damage - best to be safe and unplug the power cord, wait 60-120sec, then open the case and promptly ground yourself to discharge any static or other built-up charge - simply touching the power supply in your PC after it is unplugged will safely discharge any static in your body)
      Last edited by dlb; 12-20-2011, 06:17 PM.
      Asus M4N72-E; AMD PhenomII 955BE X4 @ 3.60ghz; 6gb DDR2-800; 750+320+250 SATA2 HDD; 2xDVDRW; Zotac GTX570 Amp! GPU; 900w Topower PowerBird PSU; Spire ThermaxII Eclipse CPU cooler; 4x120mm fans; 2x140mm fans; NZXT BetaEVO case; Win7X64

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE! Removing the battery fixed it. Hopefully I won't have the problem again but if I do, now I know what to do.
        Your help is very much appreciated!

Gale

Comment

Working...
        X