EP-8KHA+ Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiggo
    Ya power light just maybe that you have it hooked up backwards. ;)
    Have you got your memory setup to run at +33MHz over the FSB in the BIOS? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>
    I've reversed polarity of the LED and still won't work. I emailed Ahanix and the guy told me to try that and if it still doesn't work they'll send me a replacement LED.

Just tried it again. Still have the same problem with the FSB. I changed the jumper on the motherboard and settings in the BIOS and rebooted and entered BIOS. It showed "Current FSB Frequency 133MHz" and "Current DRAM Frequency 133MHz". It won't go past the POST screen. First time it just went black and never did anything. Next time it gave an error with all kind of hex numbers and weird looking code. So, I set back the jumpers on the motherboard and went back into BIOS to make sure it was set to 100MHz and it was. Works fine in 100 but still not in 133.

Comment

Have ya tried reseating your memory again? :?:

Comment

I called Multiwave tech support. I was walked through flashing the bios to version 2529. I told him the problem and he walked me through changes in the bios. It seemed that the CPU would run fine at 133FSB but the memory would only run at 100. But, after talking to him the computer was not stable at 133. Explorer wouldn't load websites without crashing with a send report to Microsoft error. Then, I got a blue screen with a system error. So, I'm back to 100FSB again. The MWave tech thought it looked like a problem with the motherboard and said that if the Epox support couldn't help me then they would replace the board.

Comment

There is definately something wrong with the MB. I tried one more time just to see if I could get it working. I changed the jumper to 2-3 and all I got was a bunch of colored garbled text on the screen after rebooting. Rebooted and went into bios and the computer froze. So, I changed it and rebooted and all was fine. Also, every time I chang the jumper and reboot it forgets my bios boot settings, changes 'em back to the default.

Unless someone has some ideas on what my problem might be, I'm gonna call Mwave Monday and have this board replaced.

Comment

It just maybe that you did get a rare dud board. Doesn't happen much but it does sadly still happen. :cry:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

True... it is rare, but occassionally it does occur that you get a bad component. But as long as a company is willing to take responsibility for it and replace it, then I don't think too badly of them. The board IS a good motherboard, though. I have been using it for a good while now and it has been a mountain of stability and performance in my system. :)
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

Working...
              X