EP-8KHA+ Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must ... not ...buy... another motherboard... :rolleyes:

You guys sound like you are having way too much fun. Enjoy!

Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Some boys in Tiawain decided to try that new BIOS and came up with this. :eek:

Comment

Holy......

Comment

When you start juicing the FSB like that, is there any chance of damaging peripherals? :eek: :eek:
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Just use good ones. ;)
            <center></center>

Comment

Originally posted by JealousMidget
              When you start juicing the FSB like that, is there any chance of damaging peripherals? :eek: :eek:

Not likely. When you get the speeds so high that your peripherals start to revolt on you, then it will just give you some weird graphical glitches, lock up for no reason (a lot), or fail to load Windows.
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

What BIOS revision do you peeps have?

L or N+ ?

(Look on your bios chip, its handwritten)

Mines the N+

Apparantly the L had some 'issues' with a few things...

Comment

My first 8KHA had an L and it ran great - until the bios chip fried itself - my second 8KHA had an L & it definately had "issues" - although I was hesitant to blame it on the MB since I had swapped the CPU, PS & video card at the same time - although it was rock solid in all apps. as long as all clocks and volts were at default - but where's the fun in that

my new 8KHA+ has an N+ - and it does everything I ask of it and more :D

Comment

Yessir! when it comes to hardware "the devil is in the details" that's for sure:devil:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'll check when I change out motherboards, probably within a week. Gonna be testing a new Gigabyte board so I'll check the BIOS chip on the EPoX when I have it out.
                      My Toys

Comment

And just when ya think that things have quietened down someone comes along and does this.

Comment

Quick question...

Are there any issues with this board requiring registered memory if all of the memory slots are used? I'm at work, and the EPoX site doesn't have an online manual listed for this board... just the older non "+" model.

Thanks
                          My Toys

Comment

Havn't heard of any Darth but a few sites did load up all slots with different density sticks when it was 1st released with no probs. ;)
                            <center></center>

Comment

I'm a new owner and hope to be a happy owner. So far I've got off to a few glitches but I don't think the board is bad. The main problem is that when I change the JCK1 jumper from the default 1-2(100MHz) to 2-3(133MHz) the computer isn't stable. Windows XP will not boot from CD or HD, it gives file errors, says file are missing and corrupt. I read the forum at AMDForums.com with all of the links to bios updates and frankly, this just scares me. I'm a new computer builder, previously I'd just waisted money on over the counter crap. Can someone phrase some of this stuff in English, just point out important BIOS updates that might help fix my problem. Also, I have the issue I've seen posted on other sites, the keyboard num lock stays on after power off. It seems to have something to do with the ACPI function. Also, my power light won't work on my case, I wonder if that has something to do with the ACPI. Is everyone using this or is it something that causes problem? Wow I've made a long post, lots of questions. I hope to shoot some of them down over the next few days and have my computer running like a champ. :shoot3:

Comment

Ya power light just maybe that you have it hooked up backwards. ;)
                                Have you got your memory setup to run at +33MHz over the FSB in the BIOS? :?:
                                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                                X