Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foxconn Black Ops Question

VTT: 1.275
    NB: 1.25 (air cooled with the supplied fan)
    SB: Whatever default is (I don't worry about SB)

Elpidia apparently (annecdotal reference) prefer a relaxed tRCD so try 8-9-8-8 maybe? 7-8-7-7 ?
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Hi Guys
      Ok thought you may be able to help ive had the blackops since may 1st and i still cant get the 8gig running at the right speed,to cut a long story short im running at the moment 8gig kingston hyperx pc1440 1860 HOWEVER i have only got it to run without problems with the ram at 1066 that it seams to fall back on that speed after i try changing settings,i find it a dificult bios and im using G33 foxconn are no help its taking 2 weeks for them to reply with useless advice NB is just under red on voltage and ram is at 1.8 i really dont know what to try next any help or settings advice would help

Martin

Comment

I must check the Foxconn site, I'm currently running G32 with my E8600 (VID 1.225) at 4.0GHz 1.25V vcore, it will do 4.25GHz at 1.325V vcore as well.
        Last edited by Darthtanion; 06-08-2009, 07:26 AM. Reason: Remove SPAM linkage

Comment

Originally posted by Mart24 View Post
          Hi Guys
          Ok thought you may be able to help ive had the blackops since may 1st and i still cant get the 8gig running at the right speed,to cut a long story short im running at the moment 8gig kingston hyperx pc1440 1860 HOWEVER i have only got it to run without problems with the ram at 1066 that it seams to fall back on that speed after i try changing settings,i find it a dificult bios and im using G33 foxconn are no help its taking 2 weeks for them to reply with useless advice NB is just under red on voltage and ram is at 1.8 i really dont know what to try next any help or settings advice would help

Martin
          Hi Martin,

P07 bios is out, it still has the 500MHz FSB /1:3 and 1:3.2 memory divider bug though.

There is a person on XS Forums (Lord Trident) who works for Foxconn and is creating a list of bugs to pass to the bios engineers so hopefully we may see a result, now that saaya has left this is as close to Tech Support as we have these days.

I assume you're running 4*2GB modules?

Which cpu do you have and what is your FSB/memory divider, 450MHz? / 1:4?

I would be trying 450MHz FSB (depending on the cpu of course) with 1:4 CPU 400 though 1:4 CPU 333 also appears quite robust.

Kingston states all of their 14400 modules (G-standard, GN-nvidia SLi certified and GX-Intel XMP certified) are 1800MHz and require 1.9v to run 1800MHz so a lack of VDIMM could be part of your problem if you're running at 1.8V.

Give the 1.916V setting a try, if it is stable try dropping to the 1.878V setting and test again. You'll probably find it will be fine at 1.878V, well mine is anyway and it is rated 1.9V too.

Also what timings are you running? 8-8-8-24? (maybe 22)

Kingston HyperX 14400 1800MHz Data sheet

Kingston site DDR3

Which of the Northbridge cooling options are you using?

Cheers

EDIT:

Originally posted by webkid90 View Post
          I must check the Foxconn site, I'm currently running G32 with my E8600 (VID 1.225) at 4.0GHz 1.25V vcore, it will do 4.25GHz at 1.325V vcore as well.
          Pretty much the exact same as me with regard to VID, clocks and voltages
          Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 06-08-2009, 02:59 AM. Reason: added clarification for fsb/memory divider bug
          E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Anzac:

Thanks for the heads up on P07; sorry to hear that it didn't fix the 500/1.32 & 1.3 memory divider bug. Maybe Lord trident can get some results out of Foxconn. Just an observation - the mem voltage in bios seems a little low to actual according to Everest - I don't know if you are seeing the same.

Currently running: [email protected]~custom water loop and triple rad w/ OCZ hydroflow and factory NB waterblock~Foxconn Blackops p06~ 4GB (2x2) Kingston HyperX DDR3-2000 (7-8-7-20) @ 1.61v bios (1.65v actual)~Bios moded Sapphire HD-4890 (1000/1100)~3x32GB Raid0 ST Ultradrive ME SSD (660MB/s read & 450MB/s write) & 3x1TB Hitachi Ultrastar~Ultra X3 1KW~Antec 1200~Xp & Win7
            Xeon W3680 @ 4.5 24/7
            Gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev2
            EK Supreme HF gold P1
            factory NB waterblock
            chilled water
            3x Super Talent 2000c7
            2x Sapphire Atomic 4890
            3x 40GB Raid0 OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD
            2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda XT sata3
            1x 1TB Hitachi Ultrastar
            Ultra X3 1KW
            Antec 1200
            Win7 x64 Ultra

Comment

Originally posted by dr_dx View Post
              Anzac:
              Just an observation - the mem voltage in bios seems a little low to actual according to Everest - I don't know if you are seeing the same.
              No worries on the bios, glad to help

I can't say I'm getting any difference between the bios and Everest, 1.878 in the bios and 1.88 in Everest (Everest rounds up)

Might have something to do with your modules being the new triple channel kit.

Good to see you got it up and running at 7-8-7-20

Comment

Hey !

Thanks for your help i will look up the info you asked soon as i get chance ,thanks so much for trying to help

be in touch soon this board is driving my mad !
                ps since using P07 the corsiar dominator wont even boot with 2 sticks in?
                so i have put the 2x kingston hypers back in but all **** breaks loose if i put the next 2 sticks in! ill get the info on the setting asap cheers again

Mart

Comment

Hi again and thanks for your reply hes the info you asked me for

QX9770 1.237V
                  9X400 1:4 CPU400
                  430 440 450 DIDNT BOOT
                  RAM ONLY SET AT 1600
                  AIR COOLED NB
                  NB 1.406
                  DRAM VOLTAGE 1.801
                  IF SE TO 1.878 PUTS THE SETTING
                  INTO THE RED AND FAILS TO BOOT
                  MEM TIMINGS SPD

Running fine with 2x2gig kingstonHyperX 1440 (should be1860?)running at 1600 for stability
                  add second pair all hell breaks lose not boot corrupted boot up if it gets that far,the second pair work on there on ok

my corsair dominator ddr3-1800 wont boot at not with the P07 bios they worked ok with the G33 and do you know were i can download the G33 as i recovered my HD and lost the file and ps (this board really *isses me off big time) any help is most welcome

CHEERS Martin

Comment

UPDATE

I got the G33 bios back on and funny enough the corsair wont boot now at all,the kinston hyperX is running stabble but only the 2 sticks at 1600 add the second pair NO BOOT.....i give up !

so i even set all the voltages with the kinston in then save and exit then turn off put the corsair in and nothing ! even with one stick in,i did test the ram in a EVGA790i AND ITS fine ? HELP!!

Comment

Try using "auto" instead of 1:4 400. It worked a lot better for me.
                      Xeon W3680 @ 4.5 24/7
                      Gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev2
                      EK Supreme HF gold P1
                      factory NB waterblock
                      chilled water
                      3x Super Talent 2000c7
                      2x Sapphire Atomic 4890
                      1x 1TB Hitachi Ultrastar
                      Ultra X3 1KW
                      Antec 1200
                      Win7 x64 Ultra

Comment

ok,AUTO puts the ram on 1066 ? so i could increase the FSB and change the multiplyer but to get the ram even upto 1600 the cpu will be running 4.2ghz not advisable !

Comment

I was referring to trying to get your Corsair RAM to even boot... Also what PL are you using? Most of the time, when you drop in 2 extra sticks, the tRFC value has to be bumped up 10~15.
                          Last edited by dr_dx; 06-24-2009, 07:14 PM.
                          Xeon W3680 @ 4.5 24/7
                          Gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev2
                          EK Supreme HF gold P1
                          factory NB waterblock
                          chilled water
                          3x Super Talent 2000c7
                          2x Sapphire Atomic 4890
                          1x 1TB Hitachi Ultrastar
                          Ultra X3 1KW
                          Antec 1200
                          Win7 x64 Ultra

Comment

ok i see,can you please explain the setting your refering to im not that clear on some settings like PL and tRFC if you could give me some setting to try ill give it a go but thanks alot for your input !

Comment

Originally posted by dr_dx View Post
                              I was referring to trying to get your Corsair RAM to even boot... Also what PL are you using? Most of the time, when you drop in 2 extra sticks, the tRFC value has to be bumped up 10~15.
                              Hello, new to this forum, but you have the same setup as i do, the black ops 48, with the reaper ocz 1600 ram. Im having troubles gettin a stable post! testing ram with mem86 and get red flags left and right.

Ive updated my bios, set what voltages and timings i can find online to set. Was wondering if you could give me screen shots of your bios settings

Comment

Hi guys -

I recently purchased a Foxconn BlackOps X48 motherboard on ebay for some retro LGA775 overclocking. I haven't received the board yet, but I know that it has an old BIOS on it (launch retail BIOS). Wondering if anyone on this forum has the latest BIOS for it. It was G43 I think (X48A01-7A3F1G43). Might have been released sometime in 2010. Would be very grateful if anyone has that BIOS file locked away somewhere or if you can extract it from your board. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X