sound for asus a7v333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound for asus a7v333

I am purchasing a new system and have decided on an asus a7v333 as the motherboard.Currently I have a soundblaster 512 soundcard and altec lansing acs54w speakers( 4 speakers and a sub woofer).For gaming and mp3's, will I lose quality by staying with the on board sound on the a7v333. I am happy with the sound i get now but dont want to down grade, should i keep my 512SB or let it go with the old system.

i used to use a SB live, then when i upgraded, i decided to leave out the live and use the onboard sound of my A7V333 and i can't hear any difference between the two :)
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

as if you cannot tell the difference b/n the two, wot it really depends on is the speaker solution that you use, and how much processor time the sound device will require.

if u have crappy speakers, theres no point gettin a good soundcard, if u have good ones, and reasonable hearing, u will appreciate the difference a new s/c makes. the other point to note is that onboard sound introduces more loads on the cpu (thats where sounds done), much the same reason as we dont like on-board video, coz of the load they introduce on the system, if they dont cater for that them selves...

Comment

As the rule of thumb goes with any "noise generator" and speakers - if you have the world's best noise generator (radio, sound card etc) and the world's worst speakers - it will sound ****ty. But if you have the world's best speakers and the world's worst noise generator, the sound quality is usually O.K. :)
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
        X