Asus a7v333 still does not work!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus a7v333 still does not work!!!

I sent the first Asus A7v333 back to asus and they sent me a new one. Now it reconizes my cpu and it puts up i install windows and it crashes with windows errors right and left. I keep formatting and reinstalling and finally i get it completely installed. That's as far as I can go. I tried to install my video card and i get windows error and it crashes. I booted it back up and it gave me a windows write protection error. SO i restarted it again and tried to go in safe mode and it boots up and then locks up and crashes. I finally went into bios and disabled the cache 1 and it boots up fine. It hasnt crashed yet but the only down fall is its running slower then a pentium 233 with 15 gigs of ram. WTF is going on here? anybody have any ideas as to wut i gotta do to fix my peice of junk? right now this is the onlyt way i can use it. I have updated the bios to 1007 and everything and still doesnt work and gives me errors then crashes. any help would be much apprecaited .. Thanks in advance

have you gone throught the ENTIRE hardware setup section in the manual? and have you looked through evry meny in the bios?
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Done it about 30 times still doesnt.. Finally to the peice of sh*t out and put back in old motherboard and processor... I know its the motherboard.. Same hardware i was using in it works fine in old motherboard. IM sending it back to ASUS and gonna get an ABit....

Comment

bah, i don't see how so many people are having probs with their A7V333's :confused:

here I am, I install everything, and it all works from the word go :\

but other people can't even get theirs to boot

strange :\
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I guess you just got lucky man. Wish I was able to get this one to work. It seems like a board with alot of potential. O and Asus tech support blows. I have called them so many times and they just ask for namne and number and they will call me back.. Hasnt happened yet!

Comment

Heh.. Glad i found this forum. Have been struggeling with my newly bought Asus A7V333 and an Athlon XP 2100+ processor teh entire day. Was about to run amok and kick the board :) Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Never for one minute thought the mobo was the problem, asus boards always ran without a hitch for me before.

First thing that happens when i get home from the shop and have assembled my new comp, is that it turns off 2 seconds after i turn on the computer. Thats odd, so i go through everything, and check if anything is loose or something i forgot to connect. I try again, same thing happens. I take out every PCI card except for gfx card, get "system failed cpu test" message in speakers. Odd, i take back the cpu to the shop and tells them what the computer says, and i get a new cpu after they claimed i probably killed my cpu with cooling paste. Now i'm back to having it turn off 2 seconds after i turn on the power..

Gonna take back the mobo tomorrow and get an Abit instead.

/LeCramp

Comment

I've met a lot of people at my college who have had major problems with the A7V-333, they are swapping them for the AOpen AK77-333 series ;)
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
              X