gigabyte ga-965(G)-ds3 vs. ga-965(P)-ds3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte ga-965(G)-ds3 vs. ga-965(P)-ds3

So I just put together my new system.. and as I was installing my video card, it hit me that I had onboard video, and I thought to myself, 'wait, the ga-965(P)-ds3 mobo isn't supposed to have onboard video..,' and sure enough I check it and realize that it's a (G)-ds3 and not a (P). From what I read, this version isn't up for the overclocking needed to make the most of my e6300.

Should I sell it and save up for a different mobo? I got it on bargain for $100 and I'm confident I could sell it for the same price, but is the (G)-ds3 really that crippled?
    Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
    Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
    CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
    CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Re: gigabyte ga-965(G)-ds3 vs. ga-965(P)-ds3

Crippled? Not really, but it does lack some of the advanced overclocking features that are present on the 965P version boards.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Once video is added to the chipset the overclocking potential drops a lot which is why most manufacturers will not provide an overclocking BIOS for them and those that do don't get good returns.

Comment

The best Gigabyte 965 board is the GA-965P-DQ6.I've always seen that all the greatest boards of all times don't have integrated graphics.965 series is no exception.965P is comparatively rich on features than the 965G boards.

Comment

Working...
        X