help with my compaq Motherboard Model: 077Ch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with my compaq Motherboard Model: 077Ch

yes i need some help with my compaq Motherboard Model: 077Ch i need to know how to find a new p4 for it i am looking for the maximum one it will support the 2.0 ghz one and also what is the real maximum ammount of ram it will support because i wnt to this web site http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner...2Dgl1759555423 and well it said my motherboard would support 3,072 mbs of ram so whare do i fine 1 gig sd ram pc 133 168 pin sticks at? and can i put my motherboard in any new case out thair i brought a new atx case to up garde my case for my pc but thair is just one problem my new case has up front usb abd audio and aux in and my compaq case does not have that up front will the new case worl still? i need some out thair who can help me find what i need to upgrade her i dont want to buy a new pc heck i just brought this one last year but i need upgrades for what i want to do i want windows vista unltimat but i dont have a dvd rom our a dvd burrner yet my copaq case will not hole 4 rom drives it will only hold 2 and 2 hds as well now my new case will hold 4 rom drives 2 floppy drives and 4 hds and that is waht i want to put in my new case along with my upgrades to my pcs motherboard can any one help me out????????????????

Re: help with my compaq Motherboard Model: 077Ch

If your computer is a Compaq then just give us the model name/number rather than the motherboard model. It is much easier to find out just what you are using. Not to be condesending or rude but posts that are easier to read are much more likely to be read .... yours is really tough to decipher. Most of us probably won't try to read it. Some punctuation would go a long way and would probably generate at least some of the answers your seek.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Please punctuate your sentences and try to use semi-proper grammar, it makes things much easier to read. As for upgrading that computer, you would be much better off to save some money and get an entire new computer. Your RAM is 2 generations old, Yours: SDRAM; current standard: DDR-2. For $500 you could build an entire system based on new technology that would work a hell of a lot better than that Compaq.

Comment

You might be able to sell that computer for $100-$150 to help for an upgrade. Otherwise, you have no options. If that thing's upgradeable at all, it wouldn't be worth it. If it uses 168-pin RAM, you'd be better off selling it then upgrading as 168-pin SDRAM is more expensive than any flavor of DDR.

Comment

Working...
        X