Never Use Ntune On Dfi Motherboards For Anything Other Than Temp Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Use Ntune On Dfi Motherboards For Anything Other Than Temp Monitoring

this guy works on all our dfi motherboards...im sure its same with third party company overclocking ultilities too.http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/show...02&postcount=3 i myself do all my o\c in bios.windows is flaky as is,let alone a windows based bios tweak....ya
    Stacker830 Watercooled
    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
    Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
    8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
    Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
    13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
    (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
    biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
    sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
    co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
    Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
    Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Re: Never Use Ntune On Dfi Motherboards For Anything Other Than Temp Monitoring

seconded - whats the point playing in windows when you can do it like a real man (or woman) in the bios?

Comment

Although I highly recommend OC'ing only in BIOS, when done properly and with caution, OC'ing from Windows can be fine.

From the link...
      YOU WILL KILL YOUR MOTHERBOARD AND MORE THAN LIKELY YOUR CPU AND VIDEO AND POSSIBLY MEMORY

DO NOT USE THIS PROGRAM
      You are more likely to kill your mobo etc by OCing from Bios. Windows generally goes unstable before you can have any hardware damage. That statement is pretty much a load of ****.

Comment

well some mobos wil NOT OC in bios, but will OC very high (stably) in windows. several s754 mobos spring to mind. generally, though, bios clocking is best .
        Last edited by Munkul; 07-05-2006, 03:40 AM.

Comment

LOL! Happygames AKA Angrygames mostly loves to hear his own voice and push his beliefs on the world. The problem is not with Ntune, the problem is with noobs setting crazy settings and then wondering why they killed half their PC. Too many people think that because someone else has gotten a great overclock with the same parts means they also will get the same results. I call it "Natural Selection" of the PC world.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
            LOL! Happygames AKA Angrygames mostly loves to hear his own voice and push his beliefs on the world. The problem is not with Ntune, the problem is with noobs setting crazy settings and then wondering why they killed half their PC. Too many people think that because someone else has gotten a great overclock with the same parts means they also will get the same results. I call it "Natural Selection" of the PC world.
            Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
              Not only very well said, but extremely accurate as well.

Comment

Working...
              X