Wont detect drives during bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont detect drives during bios

Now i dont know much about computers so bare with me. I have a built computer. aNow my question is. A week ago i was playing a game and the power shut off due to a coming lighting storm. I dont think lightning struck my house but t did turn the power off on everything including the computer. So i go to turn it back on l8er and during startup my bios wont list my hard drive or dvd player. then it goes to another screen runs a bunch of numbers like it always does and i tell me it cant boot and that i need the boot disk. The screen thats runs those nmbers is normal but after i got my nvidia 7600 gt video card i gave me that message to boot the boot disk in. So i just shut my computer off and turned it back on and it would startup just fine without that error. Now i turn it off and back on and it still shows that error. So i guess my question is y wont my bios detect my hard drive and dvd player and y do i cant that stupid error. If u need any additional info on my parts just ask i will reply soon. I NEED HELP

Re: Wont detect drives during bios

It is possible that your system received a power surge that fried something. Do you have any protection on your power and internet connections? In your situation my next move would be to try another CD Rom and find out if it is recognized.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Try clearing CMOS and see what happens. When they shut off unexpectedly, bot so good things can happen.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

No i just brought my computer back from my friends and i didnt plug it in to my surge protector and i wasnt plugged into the internet.

Comment

Working...
        X