No announcement yet.

Did I break it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with regards the the IDE cable thing i believe that they are 18" due to signal loss if the cable is much longer, well somethin along those lines. I may just be gettin confused though...

Comment

just start from the obvious...did you recheck the jumper settings on your cd-rom and hard drive? I had a hard drive that had a "single" setting for when it was on a IDE by itself without a slave. I had it set to master just rushing and it gave me the same symptoms as described.

Comment

Partly correct there Shepps.
        I think about 30 inches is the max for the length on an IDE before you start to get data "fuzzing".
        Potatoe2 you should be able to get both 24 and 30 inch length IDE cables.

It was my experience 1 time with a Western Digital HDD that it would only be recognized if I had the jumpers configured to "only drive on channel".
        Don't know what was up with that? But it functioned perfectly as a Primary Master once it was configured to Only Drive.
        My WD 200BB doesn't currently have that problem - but maybe you could try it and see if it works for you.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

best trick would be to set all the ide's in the bios to auto and set the "reset configuration data" to enabled, or whatever your auto resources reset setting is...

then reboot and see how you go, again, i'd also say try lookin at your jumper settings, u may have the setting at something like cable select...and your drive mite think its slave or somefin...

Comment

Working...
          X