Problem with SATA II on Intel 945GNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with SATA II on Intel 945GNT

Hi All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Have recently purchased a new Intel D945GNTLKR Mother board and an Intel P4 631 P4 Processor. Have installed Corsair 1Gb DDR2 Ram (2 x 512Mb Modules) and have 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 200GB SATA II HDD's. Am trying to install Windows XP Pro 32bit.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

When I try to install Windows it will get to the stage of formatting the drives and when you select Quick or Standard Format (it doesn't matter) the machine reboots itself - every time.<o:p></o:p>

I have tried everything:<o:p></o:p>

BIOS updated to latest version<o:p></o:p>

Intel RAID drivers are the latest version<o:p></o:p>

Started with the drives in a RAID 1 setup, no problems doing this in the BIOS and through the RAID setup (Ctrl-I).<o:p></o:p>

Can format drives using Seagate Disk Wizard<o:p></o:p>

Have used the usual F6 sequence with Windows.<o:p></o:p>

Have created a Slipstream CD with XP SP2 and Intel RAID drivers<o:p></o:p>

Broke the RAID and have removed a stick of RAM<o:p></o:p>

Basically it gets the same point and reboots. Booting also seems to take a long time regardless of the circumstances.<o:p></o:p>

I think I have mentioned everything here...if I've missed anything pertinent please let me know.<o:p></o:p>

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated......new system is about to become and expensive boat anchor!!!!<o:p></o:p>

Cheers.<o:p></o:p>

Re: Problem with SATA II on Intel 945GNT

usually trying to get the sata2 installed as primary master drive is an issue, had problems like that too. the only way to get that drive working without reboot on formatting is, leave the drive unformatted and unpartitionned, just start your computer using windows xp sp2 and follow the steps. windows xp will show which drive you want to install, then you can format from there.

if that don't work for you, get powerquest partition magic 8. that does format your drive quick. works on ide, sata, sata2 drives. and use the file system on fat32 at the durring your installation, when windows is installed go to your command promp and type convert c: /fs:ntfs. and your done.
    Last edited by dojo2000; 04-08-2006, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Re: Problem with SATA II on Intel 945GNT

Thanks DOJO,

Will give your suggesitons a try and let you know how I go.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X