Want to know the best mobo with agp and socket 939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to know the best mobo with agp and socket 939

im buyin a new mobo and i want to know what is the best one out there that supports agp and socket 939 im buyin a amd athlon64 3700+ for sure i need the mobo to have agp becuase i just got 6800gs and i dont want to get a new card
    i saw this epox mobo which i like tell me if its good http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813123222

also i have a rosewill psu would any of u guys know if its good or not here it is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182002 i boutght it a while ago and wanted to know if any one knows anything about it and if its good i myself think its good i have had it for 3 or 4 months and never had a problem with all that u see in my signature at the bottom and would it be enough for an amd athlon64 3700+ and a new mobo

Re: Want to know the best mobo with agp and socket 939

The MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum is really the best board you can get for S939 and AGP. And they over clock amazingly well too. I cannot recommend it enough. I believe those PSU's are not bad so it should do the job for now.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

i know msi is grate motherboard company and ive heard that epox are ment for over clocking the eopx EP-9NDA3+ Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra how would it put up against MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum will i see like a proformane diffrence i a 3dmark 06 or gaming bettween them and if u can give me a link for the MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum board thanks

Comment

3DMark06 was not even a thought when I tested these boards, but the most recent one shows the results of 3 different s939 boards that are all AGP compatible.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/744...iew/index.html
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

thanks alot darthtanion

Comment

and casecutter

Comment

Well, that is a very nice chart! Personally, I am surprised that the Abit did so well. Almost everyone I have known with an ABIT board had issues overclocking. I never ran one myself so I cannot confirm any real world issues with that board. In fact, the only of the three I ever ran was the MSI. Fast and stable. I think you cannot lose with any of those boards. If the EPOX has found a spot in your heart, then it looks to be a very wise choice! Good luck!
              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
              PC P&C 500W PSU
              2TB Seagate

Comment

Well I haven't worked with any 754/775/939 boards from Abit, but prior to that Abit was known as one of the best companies for overclocking boards around. The NF7-S v. 2 was by far the best socket A overclocker around.

Comment

its me again the board i want to get it gone cant find it anywhere if u guys see one please tell me well there is this other version of the epox its a EP-9NDA3J how much worse will it be in performance differens if any the diffrence is the 4sata to 2sata on the EP-9NDA3J and some packaging dirence also i want to know wat cpu will work for this i want to get a amd3700+ with 1 mb cach its a san diago core
                  Last edited by zaqwsx; 03-14-2006, 03:32 PM.

Comment

why not consider the asrock 939 dual.it has both native agp and pci-e,for future upgrading, and performs as well as any nforce4 board. however, the overclocking isnt great. i got 240mhz fsb stable with my 3200 procesor. features are sparse,tho.

Comment

actuly i dont care for pcie right know but in the futer im goin to upgrade to a whole new comp and ya ive seen the pcie and agp boards and from the reviwes most people have had problems

Comment

hey its me again would the EPoX EP-9NDA3J Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard be able to use a amd 3700+ san-diago 1mb cach socket 939 cause im buying the board when its in stock and if it dosnt can u point one that can use it and still have agp and socket 939 and i dont want one with pci-e plus agp just agp ok thanks alot guys

Comment

hello i saw the asus av8 is that a good motherboard

Comment

MSI NEO2 PLATINUM is the ONLY choice for overclocking. ASUS's performance is lackluster at best.
                            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                            PC P&C 500W PSU
                            2TB Seagate

Comment

i cant find that mobo though if u could tell me a site that has it ok
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X