Flashing M/B Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing M/B Bios

I got a asus a8n-sli m/b, i got the latest bios file for it but i cant find the program awdflash.exe, any advice would be helpfull thx.

Re: Flashing M/B Bios

I don't generally run Asus boards, but all of the BIOS files that I have gotten from other manufactures either have a link to the flash file on the BIOS download page, or it comes included in the .zip file that includes the BIOS update.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

just go to asus and dl the file theyhaveto have it. then load it on a disk reboot andhave it istall it self never reboot when in biosand its doing whatsits doing it will erase your bios and then ur screwed. It happenedto me and i had to buy a newbios for my asus.

Comment

You should have got Asus Live Update on your m/board drivers disk, it allows flashing from within windows, very easy to use, if it is not on your disk you can download it from the Asus site, under your m/board specs page where you found the bios but under the Utilities tab, make sure you get the latest version (the read me on the bios d/load page may tell the version number) Make sure you get Live Update, not the other one.

EDIT: I just checked your board specs on the Asus site and it says Live Update is on the m/board drivers disk, it should be under the utilities tab when the disk auto runs

Specs page scroll down to support CD
        Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 02-17-2006, 03:34 PM.
        E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
        X