Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Rebuilding PC - Motherboard and upwards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Rebuilding PC - Motherboard and upwards!

Hi All,

I currently have Sony Vaio (Yes I know...)
    I believe the interrupt controller is playing up, it does weird things and i've tried everything else testing wise. Regardless i'm planning to build a new PC

I would like to keep my costs to a minimum from the beginning and build it up over a period of a few months..

Firstly my main objective is with the processor and of course the motherboard...
    This is currently my pc...(VAIO)

DVD-RW
    DVD Rom
    P4 3.06 ghz 533FSB
    512 DDR ram pc2700
    GeForce 4600 128MB (AGP 4X)
    300WATT PSU
    240gig hdd (160 & 80)
    Onboard sound...
    TV Tuner (PCI)

Link here: http://www.maxpc.co.uk/reviews/defau...bsectionid=491

My Plan is to basically save as much stuff as i can currently as its near enough average spec ( 3ghz etc..)

I do however want the best motherboard money can buy.... it must be able to supply my current processor and a 64 bit processor for future proof (and if possible soon in next few months a dual core processor preferably intel.. amd & intel would be a damn good bonus!!!!!

I basically want to know if my processor ram, gfx card etc will fit into this motherboard and also if the gigabit mobos are good for what i want

This motherboard has to last at least 3 - 5 years... as i will be upgrading the pc requently in the next few months.. what else would i need i.e new power supply

If its ok can someone just write down the BEST Spec machine, and yes i mean the best...

Any help appreciated
    Last edited by S_UK2006; 02-04-2006, 11:03 AM.

Re: Help! Rebuilding PC - Motherboard and upwards!

go to www.newegg.com to get the best prices when picking stuff you will always want to read up on the reviews from the other buying customers. now on your computer what socket is your processor. If its 478 you might as well just upgrade your processor. Your ram i guess you can sill use. your dvd rom and your other cd drive is fine. hard drive should be fine also. Your main concern should be upgrading your processor, motherboard preferably AMD its cheaper and can sometimes be alot faster for its price than an Intel processor, it shoots more towards the gamers, One last thing you will want to buy is a new graphics card yours is out to date and it wont keep up with most of the games now such as BF2, Fear...... Now day games ask alot from your graphics card so you will probably want to go with 6800GT or ultra maybe even a x800xl those 2 graphics cards can play these newer games set on high. And they range from 200- 300 dollars. every thing else should be fine but if your are going to upgrade your graphics card make sure you get PCI-EXpres 16 newer and better. And buy your self a new PSU (powersupply) 400 watts or greater.

MY specs
    3.2ghz HT oc to 3.8
    2 gigs (3200)
    500 watt ultra PSU
    200 gig hdd
    x800xl
    all zalen cooled products
    THermaltake case

Comment

Re: Help! Rebuilding PC - Motherboard and upwards!

Originally posted by S_UK2006
      I do however want the best motherboard money can buy.... it must be able to supply my current processor and a 64 bit processor for future proof (and if possible soon in next few months a dual core processor preferably intel.. amd & intel would be a damn good bonus!!!!!
      Physically impossible.

Comment

Working...
      X