No announcement yet.

Where are my Memory Settings? The New Gigabyte board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are my Memory Settings? The New Gigabyte board!

I have the 3D1 Combo with the K8NXP-SLI Motherboard, and I have athlon 64 X2 3800+. I wanted to drop the memory to 333 and raise the bus. Guess what?! Ive searched vigorously throughout the bios and There ISN'T anywhere in the stupid pos, although I do love it, for memory settings. No where? Were they just left out? I'm Kinda angry too, because The 4 SLI combo from Gigabyte you guys commented about, was practically my idea, and I was neive and asked them about it, when the first 3D1 came out.

This is what I said prior about the 2 3D1's, "Could you talk to people above you and ask about it, because if you made a beta bios and able to run 2 of the dual gpu cards that would be fantastic, and it would be well worth your companies projection."
    They Responded,
    "Thank you for your input, currently due to chipset limitation only 2 GPU can be run. We will pass your suggestion of to productions department.

Thank you"
    Seems like they did take my idea and went with it, but guess what, They still deny it after I asked them if it Was comming out, I heard from my buddy that something like that was comming out, than your review confirmed it. Im so stupid.. Oh well...
    I just want to know if I could still hold rights to it or not seeing as I have all the stuff saying I do, also Is there anyway to unlock the memory settings? Or is that impossible.

Re: Where are my Memory Settings? The New Gigabyte board!

Some motherboards require you to enter into an "Advanced CMOS" area of the system BIOS. Double check your manual and see if this applies to you. I don't use Gigabyte boards so I can't say for sure, but this is sometimes used so that the uneducated don't get into core system settings and kill the board. I know that Asus uses this method on some of their boards, so give it a shot and see if it helps you out.

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Where are my Memory Settings? The New Gigabyte board!

Try pressing Ctrl+F1 while in the bios. No idea if it will work on your particular board but it works on a lot of Gigabyte boards (including mine).
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
      X