No announcement yet.

I have to reseat the CPU so many freaking times! help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to reseat the CPU so many freaking times! help me!

Hello,

When my screen turns black or freezes during normal usage, the cpu wont load again when I reboot the pc. I have to reseat it(lift the plastic lever and clip on again).

I don't know if it's the cpu or the socket or the whole mobo is causing the prob. Problem happened after I put the new layer of thermal paste for the 1st time. Probably I put too much presure on the pins towards the table while putting the paste on. I used a soft guitar pick to spread the thermal paste. Now don't know what to do...

Please help me. Probably it's gonna freeze again soon.

*Luciky I have enough time to post this b4 freezing.. :)

Re: I have to reseat the CPU so many freaking times! help me!

Just to be clear on the problem: Every time your PC freezes you remove the fan/heatsink and raise and lower the CPU lever in order to get the thing to function again??

Are you completely removing and reinstalling your thermal interface compound every time as well? You use a guitar pick to spread the compound?? How thick did you spread the stuff and did you get any where it shouldn't be? Have you removed the CPU and inspected the pins for abnormalities. Have you checked temperatures of your components? What are the specs of your system?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: I have to reseat the CPU so many freaking times! help me!

Dawg, thanks for reply.

You are right.

Are you completely removing and reinstalling your thermal interface compound every time as well?
      No, even if I did, problem is still there

You use a guitar pick to spread the compound?? How thick did you spread the stuff and did you get any where it shouldn't be?
      Yes, soft plastic guitar pick. From the Arctic Silver 5 tube. I put about a small grain of rice. Did not smear other parts.

Have you removed the CPU and inspected the pins for abnormalities
      Yes. Nothing is bent or missing.

Have you checked temperatures of your components?
      About 50 celcius. Considered normal for me(or the CPU)

What are the specs of your system?
      P4 2.0 GHz. 256MB DDR. GF4 MX420. MSI 645 Ultra-C.

Hope for some help again. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X