ebarrassing-i am not sure what mother board i have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebarrassing-i am not sure what mother board i have

i know i should be able to know what motherboard i have but i just dont know.i dont know the manufacture i only look at the board and i see something like a serial number but i dont know where to put it in and search, i tried like google but no results. here are the numbers: uds-95220159 and pcx-0542a-0000

so plz can anyone help or make anysense of this?

When you boot your system, there should be a rather long string of letters and numbers towards the botton early in the boot process. Hit the PAUSE key and write down this string of characters. Then head on over to www.motherboard.org and run it through their database. Chances are good that it will be able to help identify what you have. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yep!
      That's the ticket all right.
      I usually use the data at http://www.wimsbios.com (formerly ping.be.bios)
      I don't know, but I suppose that both databases are quite comprehensive.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Almost no difference between the two databases. :smokin:
        :cheers:

Comment

Keep looking for the model #.... it might be on a small sticker on the edge, or in large light colored writing between PCI slots. The model letters might be larger than you think, keep looking, i bet it is on there.

What processor does it work with?

Comment

If this is a system manufactured by a PC vendor (ie. Dell, Compaq, Gateway etc. etc. ) you can probably look up the original components using the model and serial #'s on the back of the tower at the manufacturers website.
            But that ID string seen when the system posts is gonna' tell you everything about the motherboard - to include any upgrades to the original BIOS that may have been made if this is a system you got second-hand.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
            X