setting FSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting FSB

How to change FSB from working at 100Mhz to 133Mhz. On mb says it support 533Mhz and DDR 333 Mhz. My memory iz DDR 333 Mhz,so I would like to make it synchrous, fsb 133 ,ddr 266..... Do I have to change some voltage if I increase fsb speed or no, and does it effects to anything else....
    On mb there are two jumpers for changing cpu clock with similar names,should I change both?!
    Do I have to see if multiplier is locked and what would be procc speed by increasing fsb,can it be turned where it was ( 1.7) ?

Re: setting FSB

Sometimes by BIOS and other times by jumper (your mainboard manual should state this) but it would be a hell of a lot easier to answer you if you listed your hardware spec's (mainboard and CPU) in the first place.

Comment

My mb is ecs P4VXASD2+ , I'm little confused with those two jumpers for 100/133 change,but I should probably change it both.

I've changed jumpers to 133,sistem didn't boot. When I decrease cpu ratio, on hardware monitoring software it shows original value,like it didn't change.
      CPU is intel 1.7 btw. Is there any chance to set fsb to 133? I was thinking to set cpu ratio at minimum first,but it wouldn't work probably since it doesn't react on change of cpu ratio??
      Last edited by Kime11; 05-18-2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Well that CPU was designed to run at 100MHz and if its a Willimette core then there little hope that it will make that jump though a Northwood core might but it will need more core voltage and probably better cooling to get there.

Comment

It seems to me that it is locked at 17x,cause I think that I saw while booting 2000+ as cpu speed when fsb was changed (it didn't boot till end)... never mind

Comment

You can not change the multiplier on those CPU's as they are permantly locked.

Comment

Working...
            X