Pc Chips MoBo bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc Chips MoBo bad

I'll try to make sense here. Daughter has a compaq that has Athlon xp2400 cpu. The board that came in it does not support to 133 bus speed. I bought a PcChips M825G board that is compatible. After swithing the board out I formatted the HD and installed XP Pro. During the setup of XP the machine just shut down on it's own a couple of times. I rebooted and install finished. After windows ran (while Installing other software) I got a blue error screen which was lengthy and I had never seen before. I thought that maybe the windows install was corrupted so I reinstalled with repair option. Seemed to run fine. I let the machine just run overnite. In morning I installed wireless network software and shut the machine down to put the card in. Upon boot up, it got to the desktop and was just about done when it shut down again.
    Now, when I try to boot up, I don't even get video. The fans and drives all spool up but there is no activity. There is no internal speaker to determne if there is any trouble beeps. I have disconected all hardwar that I can to isolate trouble hardware. I have swithed the ddr mem around. The video is onboad and shares the memory. I cleared Cmos. Changed the bus speed, checked all connections including the cpu and heatsink.

any thoughts?

Re: Pc Chips MoBo bad

RMA if you're sure the processor and memory are good.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Pc Chips MoBo bad

Try a different psu before rma.
      athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
      tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
      asus a7n8xe-dlx
      thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
      bfg 6800gt
      seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
      samsung dvdrw