Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead mobo?

wondering if anyone knows if i'm missing something here:
    asus p4s800-mx, that wont even power up, no p.s. fans or mobo fans, no beeps, only the little green power led onboard next to the pci slots comes on, thats is it. checked all the obvious items, and changed out the cmos battery, and tried three working power supplies, no difference. never had one this dead before.........thanks,brian

Re: dead mobo?

Before throwing in the towel, try setting the mainboard on a non-conductive surface and starting it with only the necessary components to get it rolling. If it starts up you have a problem with a short between the mainboard and the enclosure.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

yeah, thats where i was, on the workbench, have not even gotten it into the case or mobo tray yet. if the cpu was bad, i would still get fans and maybe some beeps, right?.....thanks

Comment

If you or a buddy has an extra power supply, try that and see if it works. Could not be getting enough power.

Comment

original post notes that i have tried that, and about every thing i can think of, just seems it should be a simple answer.........thanks

Comment

oops, I have seen something like ths on aother forum where he didnt have the 4x4(12V) power conector seated properly, Though you probably already tried that, just make sure.

Comment

The odds of three PS's being bad is astronomical. That isn't your problem.

All required for a sucessful POST is a CPU, Vid card, keyboard and RAM. Start with the bare minimum and see what happens. I don't think your mobo is completely fried since you at least get the onboard LED to light up. Your power connections are good since you get the LED. Double check the seating of the vid card, cpu and ram. Check (which I'm sure you have) the seating of the Heat Sink on the CPU also.

Comment

Working...
              X