ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe SATA problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe SATA problem!

I got a my brand new system, ThermalTake Shark full tower case, A8N Sli Deluxe mobo, AMD64 4000+, 1024mb Cosair 3200XL Pro ram. All working great but I seem to have a problem with my new SATA Hitachi Deskstar 7200 250Gb HD.

I have it connected to the NVidia raid controller set but only as a standalone drive. But the BOIS seems to report thats its connect as an ATA100. Can I check to see if its just reporting that or see if its actually running at 100 rather than 150 MB's which I think it should be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Noob.

Re: ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe SATA problem!

Originally posted by Viper51
    SATA Hitachi Deskstar 7200 250Gb HD.
    There is your problem, take it back and get a Seagate, Maxtor, Western Digital, or Samgung. Probably left a few out, Others elaborate.

Deskstar has been nicknamed "DeathStar" by many users.

Comment

Utter rubbish. Hitachi are probably the best hard drive maker around! Samsung is up there with them too. Maxtor must be the most awful make ever I would not even touch one. Update your bios to the newest version. To be honset Nvidia have a lot to answer for with the buggy Nforce 4 chipset.

Deathstar was when IBM owned the brand!

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzgerald Group
        To be honset Nvidia have a lot to answer for with the buggy Nforce 4 chipset.

Deathstar was when IBM owned the brand!
        NForce 4 is easily the best chipset out there. The problem you've been happening are either to a bad board, your own incompentence, or soemthing entirely unrelated to either. I'd guess the first choice, but hard to say.

As for the Deskstar, Hitachi kept selling the same crappy hard drive that IBM had and yo can expect any existing Deskstars to have the same problem, regardless of whether it was bought when IBM sold it or when Hitachi sold it.

But all of that is irrelevent. The hard drive is not the problem. There is no problem. Runnning at ATA100 instead of ATA133 will not make a difference, and it's possible that the hard drive (don't remember if it's sold as 100 or 133) or the cable itself prevent the actual ATA133 mode from being used. But it makes no difference, because you have no problem.

Comment

Working...
        X