GA-8simlh refuses to boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-8simlh refuses to boot?

hello all heres my problem my system powers up but refuses to actualy start up wont even goto bios screen i have the rev 1.0 of the GA-8SIMLH and a rev 3.2 on the ver 1.0 its as described as above and on the ver 3.2 all i get is constant beeping i realy need help on this thanks urgent lol

Re: GA-8simlh refuses to boot?

Is it one long beep played over, and over, and over? Because with my Gigabyte boards it indicates bad/improperly seated memory. Try wiggling the memory stick a bit or even stick it in a diffrent slot.

Comment

thanks for the reply m8 i have tried 4 different sticks of ram all work on my main pc i have tried them individualy in each slot and the beep is a constant on off type beep as in beep beep beep ect lol but fast and dont stop not a long continues beep as in beeeeeeeeeeep u get my meaning lol

Comment

Well see if the RAM LED accualy lights up when you start it, aswell as the Video Card LED if there is one.

Comment

Either look on Gigabyte's site/motherboards manual or (if that doesn't work out) do a search for the brand of BIOS to see what the beep indicates. It's a lot easier to fix a problem if you can find out the exact cause, and you usually can when post beeps come into play.

Comment

thanks for the reply's i solved the problem by getting a new motherboard and it works fine :D

Comment

Working...
            X