My next mainboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next mainboard

I'll be peicing together another new system within the next few of months or so and I want a mainboard with SLI. This is the first thing I looked at so far but I have no use for IEEE1394 so I'd probably get a scaled down version.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...131-517&depa=0

I'm just wondering if there is a certain mainboard that stands out from the rest right now.... or if there is something better coming soon.... The mainboard, and CPU will be the last 2 things I order so it's not a real rush yet, but I figure I better start asking around now since I'm fairly green when it comes to AMD stuff.

Re: My next mainboard

The Gigabyte is more attractive as far as extreme overclocking goes, but there's nothing wrong with the ASUS that I know of. There were also some interesting featres on the MSI, though I remember it having some sort of problem I found unacceptable for an SLI board, but it's been a while since I read any reveiws.

If you want to save money and lose some of the features found on most SLI boards (more LAN, more SATA, more firewire, SATA controllers with RAID 5), get an ultra board and do this.

Comment

There are numerous threads on other forums saying that there are problems with the Asus SLI boards, though I have seen one person fix it with a beta bios... He was running over 300 FSB I cant remember multi though. I have seen no(or very few) threads concerning the other major manufacturers though(DFI, Gigabyte, MSI). I like the Gigabyte boards more, but thats because I have had a really good experience with my current ones.

Comment

I have heard of problems with Asus, though I've heard of many who haven't had problems as well. Spec-wise and review-wise, it's fine. But for now, I'm recommending the Gigabyte.

Comment

Working...
        X