GA-K8NSNXP Over clocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-K8NSNXP Over clocking?

ok i just set up my gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP board and i find its a great board... but im having dificulties with the included program for overclocking through windows(Easy Tune 4)... im running a athlon 64 3200+(754), 1 GB mem(2x512 DDR 3200 400MHz), cheap, video(asus GeForce4 MX 440), seagate 80GB HDD, Maxtor 160GB(Main HDD), LG DVD Burner, CD Rom, and 430watt psu, i cant make it go over 250MHz for its system bus,oh and the multiplyer is 11 by the way,any sugestions... ive already updated the program...

also was also wondering if the "dual power system" on this board can be removed and still work properly?

Re: GA-K8NSNXP Over clocking?

Here is my motherboard if it helps any

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...128-245&depa=1

Comment

Why not just overclock the old fashioned way via the BIOS?

Sorry but I can't answer on the power module.

Comment

if i try to max the settings with bios it will work but when i go into the system settings it says 1.54 GHz instead of the 2.21, that it is saposed to have(b4 overclocking)
        I have the ability to change the system bus to anywhere from 200 to 300 MHz it only works at 200, 220, 260, and 300.. like i said it doesnt show up or it shows up as less than default....
        Should the System Manager show the Frequency after overclock or does it only show what the cpu's programed default is?

if this is resolved, then i can more on to the dps thing can anyone tell me if it can be removed without causing damage to the motherboard... or even just make it not work untill its but back in?

Comment

Working...
        X