need info on gigabyte mobo for amd 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need info on gigabyte mobo for amd 64

i am looking at buying the n-force3 mobo from gigabyte... cant remember the modle # tho... its somthing like gak8... somthing or other... it has s754, gigabit lan, dual bios the whole works... but i was wondering if there is a 939 or 940 version of that mobo.... thank for your help

Re: need info on gigabyte mobo for amd 64

There are several socket 754 motherboards made by Gigabyte, but none of them are any good. The socket 939 one isn't bad, but it's pricy, and the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum is better, for the most part.

For socket 754 motherboards, there are really only four choices I'd consider, even if you're not an overclocker.
    The DFI LANPARTY UT is quite simply the best performer and overclocker, hands down. If you intend to overclock, get it.
    The Chiantech VNF3-250 is a great performer, a great overclocker, and the cheapest thing anyone looking at a socket 754 system should even consider.
    The Epox 8KDA3+ is a good motherboard, but quite frankly it doesn't have anything over the DFI and not much over the MSI K8N Neo Platinum, which cost less.
    Which brings me to the final choice, the MSI K8N Neo Platinum.

I'd suggest the Chaintech or DFI, depending on the budget. Gigabyte just doesn't have any motherboards worth considering in the socket 754 market. Avoid going by brand when it comes to motherboards. You have to read the reviews and find the best ones; you can't just decide to get a certain brand because you think it's the best, if you want to make a good purchase anyway,

Comment

i was wondering if Gigabyte had a model that will saport the 939 or 940 chip because i can get Gigabyte stuff cheep from my uncle but he nor i was sure if there was such a thing... i also will need the dual lan, muli-raid funtion, and i would prefer 939 pin version(that is why i also went with Gigabyte) thank for the specs tho
      Last edited by Amd_Lover2004; 10-06-2004, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Well, you won't be dissapointed with that socket 939 Gigabyte board (don't consider a socket 940, though), but don't consider unless you can get it for under $150 U.S.

Comment

yeah i can get it for like $175cdn so i think it will work fine thanks, for your info

Comment

Working...
          X