SY-P4I875P thats a soyo mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SY-P4I875P thats a soyo mobo

cannot upgrade the bios on the board, ive downloaded the bios upgrade however, its not an automatic program even though its a .exe. the file contains 2 parts awd flash and the bios upgrade. anyone know the next piece of the puzzle, as soyo has a way of not saying you should know how to do this. all i could find in the kb (knowledge base) is to dl win 98 boot disk and proceed from there, great im running xp. clue me in.

Re: SY-P4I875P thats a soyo mobo

Usually very good Readme files come with the downloads though I've never dealt with Soyo myself.

Being plugged into an UPS is a very good idea while doing the flash also.

Comment

thats nice theoretically, apparently the japanese have no use for read me files, as far as the ups weve had a lot of hurricanes lately but i dont see the relevance, thanks any how for the reply, any suggestions darthanion?

Comment

You can get a Windows 98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com and run the program from DOS, assuming that's what you're suposed to do.

Comment

Suggestions? Sure!
          Seeing as you have the required Flashing utility and the latest BIOS, the next logical step is to RTFM. If you don't happen to have it, you can download it from the link below. A quick check shows that Appendix C covers how to Flash the BIOS.

http://www.soyo.com.tw/downloads/filedesc.php?id=2173

When in doubt, always turn to the manual.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

thanks to all once again, i did upgrade my bios before i checked back in,

the ol rebel

Comment

Working...
            X