best mobo for p4 4,ghz,lga775

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best mobo for p4 4,ghz,lga775

new mobo for this cpu what this best board for cpu any reconmands not runing pc1-express

Re: best mobo for p4 4,ghz,lga775

I would recommend not using PCI Express and an LGA775 board unless you either are in a region that puts an incredibly high price on AMD processors or have some use for PCI-E. PCI-E won't show you any performance with video cards in gaming, so if that's what you were thinking of doing, forget it. You need an AMD processor to really take advantage a high-end video card, anyway.

Comment

not plaining on using pci express ive an p4-3ghz in 775 socket and ideas on godd mobos without pci-express

Comment

p.s ive ready have an 3ghzamd on an abit nforce board and 2.8amd on anthor abit board
        display is an asus fx5700 td and 1gig of geil 400 runing in dual mode

Comment

I see, you already own the processor. Maybe someone else can help you; I don't pay attention to LGA775 motherboards and don't intend to.

Comment

You're going to be rather limited to your motherboards. Either Abit's AS8 or Soltek's SL-865Pro 775 are the only ones I can come up with that use LGA775 and have an AGP slot. I believe Gigabyte has a 915P (Grantsdale) board with an pseudo-AGP slot (they call it a Gear slot), but I'm not sure how it performs. From all I've read, the pseudo-AGP slots are more or less some kinda PCI-slot manipulation, which will hurt AGP performance since you're limited to 133MB/s instead of at the very least 266MB/s (AGP 1x speeds). Wether that's the truth or not, I can't say for certain, but I do know it's not a true AGP slot as the i915P (and the 925X) do not have any AGP implementation.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X