• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (new Build)probs With An Asus P5gd1-vm

Just Put Together P5gd1-vm
    With P4 3ghz-775 Socket I Think That What U Call It
    I Flick Power Switch On At Back Of Pc On The Psu It Self It An Antec Psu
    All Fans Start And Thats Power Switch Not Doing Nothering No Posting ??
    Any Ideas
    Thanks

Re: (new Build)probs With An Asus P5gd1-vm

If you're not even getting any beeps to indicate it is getting ready to POST, then I would check memory first. Make sure it is serviceable and also fully seated in the slots. When you get that initial BEEP from the system, it indicates the memory has passed its testing phase and the system boots from there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

fans come on soon as u put the power cord in
      not tuching the power on
      pressing the power on button does nothing
      no posting/systerm test
      any ideas

Comment

There should be no need to use the switch on the back of the power supply. The cable that goes from the front case switch to the mainboard is hooked up either way and the direction matters none at all since it is simply a power on/power off type device. Have you checked the memory in another machine? Have you double checked to make sure the modules are fully seated when you've finished the check?
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

there is nothing wrong with the memoy tested in other pc plus tryed diffrent memory in the pc
          i think theres is an psu/mobo problem or have not wired the mobo up propoly
          i think u are getting the wrong end of the stick??\
          plug in power suplie fans start,and thats it no conrol no beeps/post no control over front panal switch if u unplug power cord all stops??

Comment

Sounds like you either have a faulty PSU or mainboard (they are the only 2 parts that could cause that sort of behaviour). Can you get the retailer that you bought them from to test them?

Comment

i test a diffrent psu still the same i toock the mobo back to shop thay are going to test it

Comment

I know you already took it to a show to be tested but I just built a new system with a 3.6ghz 775 with thermalright xp-90 and tornado 92mm fan with an ATI x850xt pe, 1 gig of ram, asus p5gd1-vm motherboard(which I just bought a water cooling system to build from dandger den this morning). Anyways my first question to you is: Did you use a power supply with a 20 pin motherboard power connector? Does your motherboard have a 24 pin socket? Did you connect the 20 pin in the very middle leaving 2 holes open on each side? If so dont feel bad I did the same thing and had the same exact results u were describing. I was flipping out thinking the board was bad and I was asking in a couple forums and everyone thought the board was bad. I just happened to unplug the 20 pin connecter and try pluging it in all the way to the left leaving 4 holes open in the 24 pin socket on its right. Flipped on the psu pressed the power button and it booted up like a champ.

Comment

there is a 5 dollar adapter to convert 24 to 20 pin , i have one and works well. also my system from time to time will shut down. i am running 3 fans open case with a 325 watt power supply. (which was a killer to find in micro power). if any questions feel free to email at [email protected].
                  funny story- i waited 2 months to buy a pci-express video card before useing my system only to discover it had one built in. lol
                  this MB is ok for a micro atx. if i had it all to do over again- I would have bought a Via mini board-etp.

Comment

Working...
                  X