Asus P4sd-la

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P4sd-la

This guy: jgs4 has the same problem as me, except that i have (1 gig )of ram so i have plenty. he said in another post "

I've got a P4SD-LA from HP too. In a recent venture to improve the gaming performance of my computer, I replaced my piece of junk Nvidia Geforce MX 440 with a Nvidia Geforce 6800, and now I get stelar performance.

The Geforce 6800 is supposed to run Nvidia's 6-series demos like Nalu, Timbury, and Clear Sailing. These demos run like crap and I exceed all of Nvidia's requirements. Nvidia told me that I may need to update my AGP drivers or change my AGP aperture. HP told me (the idoits that they are) that to protect my computer from being ruined, the BIOS do not include an option to change AGP aperture. I also do not know where to find AGP drivers for this board. Anyone know of any?

Stats:
    P4 2.6 Ghz HT
    512 Mb RAM (2x 256MB PC2700 DIMM)
    Nvidia Geforce 6800"

My exact problem:
    I have an HP Pavilion a250n. I first bought a Geforce 6800 GT AGP OC and was having performance problems, talked to tech support went through everything u can imagine except one thing, changing my AGP Aperture to 128 but i cant because there is no option in my BIOS and HP is gay I talked to them as well. Anyways after that i bought an ATI x800 pro, same issues bad performance on several games. So i took that back and downgraded since i didnt feel like i was getting my money's worth and bought the Geforce FX 5500 OC. Thats what i have now. And yes i have the same performance problems when I KNOW i shouldn't. Few things I am unsure of is my chipset driver, i got the latest INF driver from the intel website, i was told that was the driver i needed for my chipset. Anyways I am pretty sure that my problem is my AGP Aperture Size only being set to 64mb, i know that it is set to that because I downloaded a program called Everest Home Edition, it tells me everything about my computer. It says my motherboard chipset is a Intel Springdale-G i865G. So I would like to know where to find the drivers for that chipset. I'm pretty sure i have the right ones but i want to double check by asking you guys. Anyways im sorry for repeating myself 100 times but im so frustrated ive been working on this problem for the past 3 weeks... no joke. How can i change my AGP Aperture Size to 128mb. Where are the correct chipset drivers for my motherboard? Anything else I should try to fix this problem?(trust me I've probably tried everything) I do meet the requirements for all 3 of those cards.
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

System Specs:
    Heres a link to everything about my PC http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00024879
    HP Pavilion a250n
    P4 2.6 Ghz HT
    1 gig ram
    Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 OC AGP 8x/4x
    Last edited by adverse; 08-29-2004, 12:39 AM.

Re: Asus P4sd-la

Your problem is simple. You didn't properly remove all traces of past video drivers before getting a new card.

Comment

I have the same exact motherboard.. a 2.4 "C" and only 512. But I know you can't change the agp aperture to 128.. it's stuck at 64. I run a ati radeon 9600 pro.. diffrent i know. Now for chipset drivers.. I downloaded the ones from intel for the i865g chipset, and work perfectly fine. I know hp does release a new BIOS every so often for updates. I keep checking so often. It could be indeed the drivers removal thing. If so look for Driver Cleaner 3, and run it. If that doesn't work, let me know

More info on your mother board is here
      http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...dlc=en&lang=en

Latest BIOS revision is here which is 3.26
      http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...tem=pv-22928-1

Comment

It didnt work, because I already did that a long time ago there are no drivers from any other card on my comp. And I guess I have the right chipset drivers. I got them from intel website they are called Intel 865 Chipset Family Drivers. And no my card isnt running properly still. On any game I play, which are TFC, CS, RTCW, BF1942, Desert Combat.

Comment

I guess i stumped everyone...

Comment

HELLO ALL,

My first time on this forum. Regarding the posts refering to the PS4SD-LA, I have been doing some digging around trying to find some specs on this board (as I have just baught a brand new SR1060AN compaq presario) because I want to upgrade my ram to 1gig and higher than PC2100. The most I could find was on a foreign site that also refered to the board as an OEM ASUS i865PE. I then went to the ASUS website with this new info and got a printout of the board and specs, and I'm just waiting to confirm that this IS the commercial version. I hope this helps someone, as I am still confused as to what is the fastest RAM I can chuck on my board.

PS. What I dont get, is that this computer comes with 5.1 and an nVidia 256meg 3D accellerator 2.8ht and yet not enough RAM to get a quater of its capabilities? Wierd huh?
            Last edited by nomotive07; 11-11-2004, 06:46 AM.

Comment

nomotive07 the i865PE chipset that your mainboard is based on is fine to run 2 x 512MB PC3200 modules.

Comment

Edit: Oh, this was an old post that someone started up again...

Originally posted by adverse
                It didnt work, because I already did that a long time ago there are no drivers from any other card on my comp. And I guess I have the right chipset drivers. I got them from intel website they are called Intel 865 Chipset Family Drivers. And no my card isnt running properly still. On any game I play, which are TFC, CS, RTCW, BF1942, Desert Combat.
                So you first went to Add/Remove programs, uninstalled any software or drivers for the onboard video and other graphics cards, then went to Device Manager and disabled your onboard video adapter? Your postive you did that, then went to nvidia.com and ati.com, respectively, and downloaded the latest drivers for the video card and installed them?

Unless that's what you did, AMD_man2003 was on the right track with you...

Comment

Adverse, the nVidia geforce 5500 256meg card will have no probs cruising through any game you throw at it. I know this becuase thats what I run, and I do alot of game trading. You say you've got 1gig of ram now, so with the latest drivers you should have no probs.

Comment

Hey guys its been awhile now and i STILL have not found a fix to this problem of having bad fps... Where is the device manager is there a place to disable "onboard video adapter" I have never seen this before...

Yawgm0th: I formatted... fresh install of XP, installed sp1, my drivers, ect. There is no way I am having conflicts from past videocard drivers...
                    Last edited by adverse; 12-03-2004, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I had a problem like yours once, with a different card.

I did everything you did and it didn't work, but then I got 3rd party drivers and the problem went away (the fps issue). I got my drivers from www.omegadrivers.net

They work nicely. :D

Comment

Nope, I have already tried omega drivers, doesn't make any difference.

Comment

To respond to the PM...
                          If you have an onboard video adapter and it's listed in device manager where I have shwon on the picture then that would be a problem. If you just see your current video card where I have Radeon 9800 Pro, that's not an issue. If you've completely reformatted, then that's not an issue. You can try getting the chipset drivers off Intel.com, but I'm not sure it will do anything.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Okay well I don't have that problem, what else could it be then?

Comment

I have the same problem. Darn HP.

Comment

Working...
                              X