what board do i need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what board do i need

I have a 2600xp processer, 2 sticks of pc2700 256ram. 160gib maxtor 7200rpm HD that i can use in this setup. I dont understand all the info on motherboards, like what will work with what i have. I also want a 9800pro that i dont have yet far this system, would like to keep the cost at or near 100US if possible for this motherboard ( as that vid carde is going to be $2-$300 ). I also have the A drive and CD drive & CD recorder, a empty tower case and a 450ps. I would like this setup to play games on, The 98 pro has TV out that i would like to setup to a 27inc. TV. then I can set in my easy chair and play games. Any help on this board I would be grateful for THANKS.

Re: what board do i need

Abit AN7 $91us
    Abit NF7-S2G $89us
    Abit NF7-S2 $69.18us
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe $84us
    ASUS A7N8X $77us
    ASUS A7V880 $69us
    EPoX EP-8RDA3+ $76us
    EPoX EP-8RDA3I $58us
    Any of those will do the job so take your pick.

Comment

I'd suggest the ABIT NF7-S2 that Wayout linked to as it's just about the best overclocking and performance motherboard out there and is still pretty cheap.

Comment

thank you im going to order that board. any problem you now of to run a 27inc tv with this vid card,

Comment

Not the NF7-S2 or SG2. I think Yag wanted to say the NF7-S v 2.0. The S(G)2's OC options are crap. If that's not a problem, then fine, but if you're looking to OC, they won't cut it.

Comment

Both NF7-S2 and NV7-S Rev. 2 are acceptable names for the board. I haven't heard much regarding the performance and overclockability of the S2G, but it's just a waste of money unless you really need gigabit ethernet.

Comment

Working...
            X