No announcement yet.

Good resource for understanding ASUS P4C800-E BIOS settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good resource for understanding ASUS P4C800-E BIOS settings?

I'm interested in learning the nuances of overclocking with my ASUS P4C800-E Motherboard, but am having trouble finding a site or a document that explains many of the settings that I have access to in "manual" mode.

I realize that this mobo allows you to do everything automatically, and I had it set at a 15% overclock for a couple months. But when I became a bit adventurous and raised the voltage for the RAM settings, I noticed my performance increased greatly.

I don't want to experiment much further, however, as I'm afraid my ignorance will eventually bite me in the metaphorical ass. Maybe even the literal ass, who knows.

Could someone point me in the direction of a site for relative newbies like myself that explains the settings of this BIOS, what the settings mean, what they affect, etc.? The obvious choice is the ASUS web site, I know, but I can find nothing on there that helps me in this matter. Too much I've seen already assumes a level of knowledge that I don't yet have.

I'd particularly like to learn how to get the most out of my RAM, which is 2GB of Kingston HyperX DDR533 PC4300 operating in dual channel mode. I'm just not sure, besides the voltage settings I mentioned earlier, what BIOS settings affect this.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Re: Good resource for understanding ASUS P4C800-E BIOS settings?

Most of the terms are pretty universal between motherboards. There may be a slight variation of the exact term, but as a general rule you can still figure out what you're looking at. So head on over to www.rojakpot.com and check out the BIOS Optimization Guide. They keep it up to date and has a lot of good information.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X