No announcement yet.

whats the best mobo with PCI Express video slot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best mobo with PCI Express video slot?

whats the best mobo with PCI Express video slot?

time to start building a new gaming rig (trying to get ready for DOOM 3)

Re: whats the best mobo with PCI Express video slot?

Don't get a motherboard with PCI-E graphics. PCI-E won't provide any graphical benefits for at least a year, but i does cost more. You'll be paying more for less. Intel doesn't make fast enough processors anyway. I'd rather have an Athlon 64 3500 than any processor Intel makes as it will outperform all Intel processors in games. PCI-E has no use in gaming machines currently. It's useful in other areas, but it's a waste of money and performs worse in the graphics department.

Comment

wow, so should I ignore all the rave reviews about the pci express video cards and how they are a "must have" if I plan to play doom 3 and half-life 2?

thnx.

Comment

Are you sure those weren't about the new GeForece 6800s and Radeon X800s? Those are the only thing that any decent reviewer could call "must-haves."

Comment

Read the review on this site and you will see PCI-E does not provide any real benefits. And it will be like this for at least antoher year. For a gaming rig I would suggest a s939 system with a 3500 and at least a 9800 Pro but if you want the best and can afford it a 6800 Ultra would be a great choice. Soon the extreme version wil be out but there isn't much difference. You could oc the Ultra way past the extreme.

Comment

Working...
          X