Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The production of a GIGABYTE motherboard (LARGE IMAGES INSIDE)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxconn

Dear Mr.Tweak

I was told that FOXCONN is one of the large mainboard manufacturer in Taiwan that produces boards for other companies. Can you take us on a tour of FOXCONN facilities.

Comment

Re: The production of a GIGABYTE motherboard (LARGE IMAGES INSIDE)

so was it cool there, did they give u gummy motherboard candies?

Comment

Picture 11 shows a guy circuit testing manually, with a meter and probe leads. I would have thought it much easier to conduct testing using a simple robotic tester, which could test all component circuits almost simultaneously, and in a fraction of the time.

I guess labour rates are quite low in Taiwan.

Comment

I saw well lit, air conditioned, very clean. It appeared to be safe enviroment and well organized enviroment. They even sit in a better looking chair than I have. Some appeared to young but that is a great looking enviroment especially for a kid that is starting in tech or whom needs a summer job and is interested in technology. They certainly do not appear to be in anything close to a "sweatshop".

I am happy to purchase their products and to continue to support this type of company.....this doesn't mean I dont want my free motherboard or tshirt Cameron. Thanks for the pictures and no I dont work for gigabyte or Cameron.

Comment

I did my work experience in a place like that.
            Well, a heck of a lot smaller.
            The only reason they're putting components in by hand is because they're the larger components that the machines can't handle.

Stuff like the PCI sockets, etc.

Comment

Hey nice post. Surprised you were able to take pictures in there.

Comment

What exactly does this machine do?

PC Motherboards - Cheap Computer Parts

Comment

hello mr tweak?? when come in indonesia gigabyte EP-45 Extreme?

Comment

Hello Mr. Tweak, i belong to the group who use the gigabyte motherboard. At this moment I use motherboard X38-DS4 with processor E8400, and ram DDR2 team elite 2 gb,800 MHZ

Now I need your suggestion to upgrade my motherboard, which one is better : by using gigabyte EP45 or X48T-DQ6.
                    Application for overclock extreme and game :

1. Proccessor Intel QX9650 or intel QX9770
                    2. Memory DDR2 or DDR3
                    3. Corsair, OCZ, Team Extreme
                    4. PSU Epsilon 750 watt
                    5. CPU Cooler thermaltake Ultra or Asus silent knight II or Zalman
                    6. Casing Thermaltake Xaser VI
                    7. VGA CARD ATI Radeon 3870 X2 crossfire or NVIDIA 9800X2 two SLI
                    8. HDD WD Raptor or Hitachi Ultrastar

Comment

Originally posted by obso1337 View Post
                      What exactly does this machine do?
                      It destroys the dreams of men and children!

... actually it looks like its an SMD picker/placer pre-mounts components to a board before it gets bathed in solder.
                      Andrew "Eightball103" Jones

Comment

Originally posted by eightball103 View Post
                        It destroys the dreams of men and children!

... actually it looks like its an SMD picker/placer pre-mounts components to a board before it gets bathed in solder.
                        That's correct - it's an SMT machine and if I recall correctly it places the major chips such as north and south bridges.
                        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

There are no child labor/sweat shops in Taiwan. Maybe in the underground world that the government doesn't know about. There's probably child labor/sweat shops here in the US also that the government doesn't know about.

Comment

Working...
                          X