Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The production of a GIGABYTE motherboard (LARGE IMAGES INSIDE)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The production of a GIGABYTE motherboard (LARGE IMAGES INSIDE)

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hey Mr. Tweak

I am very unaccustomed to the process of the mobo industry, let alone the mobo production cycle.

Walk me through.

Though, this may be answered. What is the manual hand work done by the people, can't this be done by machines too! :P

Comment

Originally posted by m-kong
      Hey Mr. Tweak

I am very unaccustomed to the process of the mobo industry, let alone the mobo production cycle.

Walk me through.

Though, this may be answered. What is the manual hand work done by the people, can't this be done by machines too! :P
      For a bit more of an in-depth run down, check out the ABIT tour we did last month while I was in China:

The parts that are placed on the motherboards by hand are just too complicated to be done by machines at this stage.
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Re: The production of a GIGABYTE motherboard (LARGE IMAGES INSIDE)

j/w why does the date on ur camera jump from 4.20.2004 to 5.12.2004?

Comment

Wow, they really do have little taiwanese kids making those motherboards :P

Comment

Originally posted by Juggalo_Dan
            Wow, they really do have little taiwanese kids making those motherboards :P
            Some are probably 15 years old, yes
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

On that one line I noticed it was all girls

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                Some are probably 15 years old, yes
                We're basically endorsing child labor when we buy this stuff???

Comment

Originally posted by raveolution
                  We're basically endorsing child labor when we buy this stuff???
                  You're not serious right? I know when I was 15 I could have gotten a job as a busboy in a restaurant.

Comment

There are no children that work there. Maybe as a part time job or a summer job doing something easy.
                    There are no child labor/sweat shops in Taiwan. Maybe in the underground world that the government doesn't know about. There's probably child labor/sweat shops here in the US also that the government doesn't know about.
                    Last edited by Lolt345; 11-28-2005, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolt345
                      There are no children that work there. Maybe as a part time job or a summer job doing something easy.
                      There are no child labor/sweat shops in Taiwan.
                      Are you joking, or are you just that ignorant? The minimum age requirement for this sort of labor in Taiwan is 15. There aren't little kids there, but by the definitions of most free industrialized nations, those are children.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                        Are you joking, or are you just that ignorant? The minimum age requirement for this sort of labor in Taiwan is 15. There aren't little kids there, but by the definitions of most free industrialized nations, those are children.
                        Wow, first time a administrator that sinks so low to name calling. Is the ignorant part really neccessary? If i'm wrong correct me. No need for name calling. I'm probably gonna get banned now right?
                        I didn't mention anything about little kids.

I'm Taiwanese but I was born in the US. I never heard of 15 being the minimum age requirement for this type of labor in Taiwan. I know you can work in fast food joints, supermarkets, this kind of labor.
                        Last time I checked, Taiwan is one of the top free industrialized nations.

What's the age requirement for this sort of labor in the US?

Comment

I generally don't resort to name calling, but when people argue with something that they shouldn't be in a way like this, it irritates me. In any case, you certainly won't get banned. Most forum Administrators and Moderators I've worked with will argue with people well beyond the point of name-calling (name-calling from the user, not the admin) before they even consider locking a thread. I certainly have no such infallibility or superiority complex.

In Taiwan the minimum age for pretty much any labor is fifteen. Compulsory education end at 15. In the U.S., it ends at 18 or 16, depending on the circumstance. Full-time labor is also at 16 or 18, but you must be done (dropped-out or completed) with secondary education if you're 16. You can do basically anything that isn't too dangerous (basically anything other than the military) once you're a teenager, but it's almost impossible to get a real job if you're not 15, and most place don't hire anybody younger than 16.

IMHO, 15 is probably a little too young to be having people do full-time jobs at a manufacturing plant, but at the same time, it's not exactly what you think of when you hear "child labor." I tend to picture a Malaysian or (mainland) Chinese 12-year old making my Nike shoes. So it's certainly not something that denotes a third-world country, but it is still kids doing full-time, low-paying labor.

Comment

Nice stuff, ive never seen anything like it b4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                              For a bit more of an in-depth run down, check out the ABIT tour we did last month while I was in China:

The parts that are placed on the motherboards by hand are just too complicated to be done by machines at this stage.
                              Hi Cameron - You must have met Alex Kuo whilst touring GigaByte?

Comment

Working...
                              X