Help me choose!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose!!

Hey everyone, I am about to embark on a great journey, and build my first computer. I know a good amount about them as I have changed RAM, processors, video cards, hard drives and other things. I want to spend about $135 on a mobo, so which one should I get?

Sry, forgot to mention, I'm looking for an intel chipset, preferrably socket 478. My friend likes the asus p4p800, so is that a good one? I am probably going to put an Intel Pentium 4/ 3.2E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology in it. Any constructive criticism would be great.

Comment

You didn't tell us what you want the computer to do. Yes, the Asus mb is a good one, but does it have all the features you want/need? Some of the features to consider are: oc friendly bios, Firewire, number of USB ports, number of slots, sata, built in sound, ram sockets, built in nic, and many others.

Comment

It's basically going to be a gaming computer. I play America's Army a lot, and I may want to overclock.

Comment

Than the Asus P4P800 would be a great choice, you'll be quite satisfied

Comment

Working...
          X