Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayout44
    WTF? :confused:

I have yet to see an nForce2 mainboard that uses ECC DDR memory.

The point I was making is because of the trouble that he's having at running a 200MHz/400DDR FSB and if he's trying to run that memory insync then the memory is being run well over spec (PC2700 is rated for 166MHz/333DDR use while PC3200 is rated for 200MHz/400DDR use). Sure you can run the memory slower than the FSB but is he running the right memory settings?
    Yeah, I'd have to say that this is probably whats going on or what was. It must be running Async with the FSB to achieve that FSB because PNY memory sucks ass and I know you can't get that much of an OC with it

Comment

Ok heres what happened. First off, im not trying to run this pny at 400mhz memory bus. I got the FSB running at 400 and the memory running at 83% of the fsb (333mhz). Im not a newb guys, cmon. Ok so I bought this **** psu from compusa, compusa brand. I put it in, it boots fine running at 400/333 so im running fine until I try to play ANY game. I got into a game and the BIOS starts yelling 'CPU TEST FAILED' over and over and over. WHAT?!?! So I shutdown reboot and go into CMOS to look at the voltages. I quickly realize that the compusa PSU is a PIECE OF ****. I watched voltages got between 3.0 and 3.5 for the +3.3V. So I said screw this crap, I went back today returned it and got another antec smartpower 400watt. Hooked it up and im running fine now, voltages are nice and steady +-.1V . Havent gotten any errors yet, but i want the comp to run for a while before im sure its okay again. My next upgrade is some OCZ dual channel ddr pc3200 cause this pny really is some crap.

Comment

Yeah, it always pays off to buy a quality PSU

Comment

Working...
        X