GIGABYTE
    ASUS
    ECS

And what MOBO chipsets?
    VIA
    SIS
    Intel
    NFORCE2

Im thinking of buying Asus P4C800 Deluxe or the E version.

ok depending on which processor you are going to use:

- For athlon XP's (2500+, 2700+ etc)
    stay away from ECS they are pretty dodgy. some good motherboards come from Abit, Asus, Epox, as well as Gigabyte. MSI is a bit of a mixed bag. take a look at the Abit NF7-S, the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, or the Epox 8RDA3+. all very very good boards with loads of features.

when it come to chipsets, you really only have 2 choices: nVidia nForce2 or the VIA KT600. Go with the nForce2 as it is much better than the KT600 from via.

Comment

P4 3.0C
      I want to know which brand is good. Aswell as the chipsets.

Comment

ah ok sorry shoulda picked that last bit up. im not familiar with the Intel side of things but i think that motherboard you were thinking of is pretty good, it has been recommended around here a fair bit.

Comment

I'd go the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe unless you want a wifi connection and Intel's CSA-based Gigabit LAN controller instead of the 3COM one then go the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.

Comment

about the mobo chipsets?
            Should I go for VIA or nForce2?

Comment

get the nforce 2

Comment

Originally posted by metallicat666
                get the nforce 2
                He wants to use a 3.0C P4 so how is he going to use an nForce2 mainboard? :roll:

Buhaha21 those two mainboards that I spoke of use the i875 chipset which is the best chipset to use with the P4 followed by the i865 chipset and if you use any other one then you'd be stupid.

Comment

Let's recap:

For AMD use the nForce 2, although some KT600 boards are good. I've got Soyo's KT600 coming in this week to play with, so we'll find out.

For Intel use the i875P or i865PE.

ALi---um, no. (Do they even have a recent chipset out?)
                  SiS---getting better, but I'm not quite that brave.

Comment

Oh... alright
                    Well I use VIA chipsets right now man... I use P4 2.4GHZ
                    So which is better then i875P or i865PE.

Comment

I don't know..use your common sense..which is the higher number?
                      Lol, jk, the 875 of course.
                      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                      SC: Audigy 2 zs
                      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

The i875P is the best available, but the i865PE is a pretty mean little chipset itself. Boards from Asus, Abit, and I think Epox with the i865PE have some memory tweaks that allow you to achieve performance equal (and sometimes surpassing) the i875P performance. Either way, they're fast.

VIA's PT880 is pretty good, but it's getting shunned because it's not as good of an OC'ers chipset. I don't have problems with VIA, especially when at least half the boards I've used through the years feature a VIA chipset.

Comment

[sarcasm]Yup that nforce2 will suit ya right up for the P4[/sarcasm]

Alrighty, anyway, for the best bang for ya buck, get the Asus P4P800, its based on the Intel 865 chipset and is very fast. For your best performace get an Asus P4C800-E as its based on the Intel 875 chipset and kicks ass

Comment

Working...
                          X