M/B Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M/B Audio

For thoses of you who have the Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard and game, I want to know do you use the onboard audio or use a sound card? And which one?

Thanks,

Most people (as a rule) try not to use onboard whenever possible. It's just not as good as most add-in audio systems (ie, SB Audigy 2, etc.)

Comment

the easyest way to decide which to use is to use the onboard sound and then if you arent happy with it then go out and get a soundcard like the audigy 2.
      most people ahould find the onboard fine as with modern computers the onboard sound is usually very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Soyoman
        Most people (as a rule) try not to use onboard whenever possible. It's just not as good as most add-in audio systems (ie, SB Audigy 2, etc.)
        WTF? Have you even tried the latest onboard solutions? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Soyoman
          while the SB Audigy 2 is very good, most people i dont think have the need to go out and spend the money on a soundcard when you can get a very very good sound solution on the motherboard. I have a A7N8X Deluxe, with 6-channel Soundstorm and sounds great. most people think that its better than an Audigy but not quite as good as Audigy2. Onboard sound has come a long way and today is more than enough for most people.

Comment

Other than the nForce 2 audio, the other stuff is pretty bland. It's mostly AC97 or something similar. However, if it's good enough for you...why get something else. I'm not all that keen on Creative, so I use Hercules or Philips now, and I've heard that some real audio fiends like M-Audio much better than Crapative. Creative took too long to straighten out their drivers, and have excessive bloatware, and ignored customers for the longest time. I had the Audigy, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed with it at all.

Comment

Working...
            X