Motherboard POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard POLL

I apologise for the inappropriate placement of this motherboard question, however you guys seem to know what you are on about. so just a quick question.

What motherboard should I buy:
    1. ABIT KR7A VIA KT266A
    2. ASUS A7V266-E
    3. MSI K7T266 Pro 2

Cheers
    Aaron

Would you consider EPoX or Shuttle? They make very good boards as well and are competitively priced.

**Moving thread to Motherboard header**
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I apologise for the inappropriate placement of this motherboard question, however you guys seem to know what you are on about. so just a quick question.

What motherboard should I buy:
      1. ABIT KR7A VIA KT266A
      2. ASUS A7V266-E
      3. MSI K7T266 Pro 2

Cheers
      Aaron
      Tough question. I'd imagine these would be the top performing boards on the market in that particular area. Check out the features, PCB coloring and see what board appeals to you the most. If it were me, I would probably choose the Abit board. because I have always liked Abit boards for their general performance.
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
        Would you consider EPoX or Shuttle? They make very good boards as well and are competitively priced.

**Moving thread to Motherboard header**
        Oops, missed them in my previous post, and probably others as well.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

soltek soltek soltek soltek soltek.....if i had ne money i would get a soltek sl 75DRV5 (i thinks that the newest one) :D

Comment

Asus or MSI from my experience. I would avoid Abit like the plague. The day I get a board that's reliable from them is the day hell freezes over. [/rant]

I hear Epox, Iwill and now Soltek are good, but I just can't input any personal experience with them right now.

The only companies I will never buy from again are FIC and Abit. That's all I can say.

Comment

Have to agree with those Soltek and Epox boards being great and rock-stable (and competitively priced). Heard great things about Shuttle too, but so far haven't had experience with putting any systems together based on their boards. Reviews are excellent on some of the recent Shuttle boards.

Comment

Ive got a Soltek 75DRV2 (original KT266A board) and it runs hell solid and overclocks well :)
                The 75drv4 has ATA133 extra (not sure of anything else) and the 75drv5 is the KT333
                Get one if you can, they are cheap :) Less than AUD$200 for the 75DRV4

Comment

Problem with your poll, there's no 4) option for Other :D

I strongly suggest the AOpen AK77 Pro A, or the AK77 Plus A if you need onboard RAID. I have never had an AOpen board fail on me, and they have (mostly) been very overclockable. Stability is excellent, as AOpen aren't as aggressive when setting their BIOS timings as some other manufacturers.

So please consider the AOpen boards - they have served me well for 4 1/2 years :)
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

AOpen is a corporate partner with Acer... so choose wisely...

Comment

Asus A7V333

Comment

there is somethin bout the SL75 DRV4 - its purple :D

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                          AOpen is a corporate partner with Acer... so choose wisely...

Yes....... I am fully aware that AOpen is part of the Acer group....... your point being? :?:
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I've got an AOpen sitting in the machine I'm typing this on. Working great. An older BX Slot 1 is sitting in another machine that for this kid living with us right now. We've had that board for a few years now. Running great too. Okay, ALi chipsets tend to suck, IMO, as well as the branded Acer stuff. However, the AOpen boards have been good to me. Not the super tweaking stuff, but still reliable boards, unlike some other companies I know *cough*

Comment

If you don't care about USB 2.0, CPU Overheat Protection (COP), ATA133, etc. ...any of the MBs you mentioned would do nicely.

If however you want USB 2.0 and the rest....take a look at the
                              Asus A7V333 or the MSI KT3 Ultra ARU.. The GigaByte GA-7VRXP looks great too but it does not reflect COP support.

Good luck on your choice.

CD

Comment

Working...
                              X