AMD 64 mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 64 mobo

Hi all, not sure if this has been covered already.
    I'm thinking about getting an AMD 64 3000, I was wondering what is everyones opinion on the best mobo for this proc.
    Is the nForce3 still having problems? Or is it the way to go?
    Thanks for the help guys!

I recently got the ASUS K8V Deluxe motherboard for my brand new AMD Athlon 64 3200+. Not only is it loaded with features (wireless ready card/antenna [WiFi]), dual SATA Raid, Firewire, supports DDR400, and the VIA K8T800 chipset), but it is also made by *arguably* the best Mobo producer out there. It also supports up to 3 gigs of PC3200 ram! (see my specs below).

It isn't too expensive (although retail is 150-160, i got mine on e-bay for 102.50 +s/h). If you can find one on ebay, they are a great steal. Also, if you check out www.tomshardware.com and check out the AMD Athlon 64 vs. Pentium 4, the tests use this board, and the marks are KICKASS!

Hope it helps... I highly recommend the ASUS K8V Deluxe!

Specs:
    ASUS K8V Deluxe Mainboard
    AMD Athlon 64 "barton" 3200+
    Corsair XMS PC3200 400MHz Low Latency DDR (1 gig)
    ATI 9800pro Video Card
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    Cheetah 10,000 rpm 120 gig HDD

also, it I know of a few who bought the 3000+ and overclocked it to well over 3200+ without overheating (used aftermarket heatsinc and fan). Hell, if you have good RAM, you could jack up the speed like crazy!

Comment

ASUS K8V Deluxe
      http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...131-473&depa=0

I'm curious as to why it shot up in price?

It used to be $135...

Comment

they jack up the prices because they realize that people are actually gonna go with the 64's, and they know they CAN cause of their reputation. lol.... hell, if I were them, I'd do it too. lol... that sickens me that i would say that!

Comment

Great! thx for the reply dentman:woot: I had heard that the asus boards were the way to go with 64's, yur post just solidifys that.
          THX again!

btw I just got my tax return and im building a whole new rig!!
          benchmark scores out soon:D

Comment

A couple of good words for the ASUS board. Does anyone have any impressions on the MSI Neo board for the A64?

Comment

I spent the week looking at reviews and what not .. Finaly settled on the MSI neo. the game benchmarks i saw all showed the MSI board on top .. and i have already owned a few MSI boards and have been happy .. I ordered the mobo , 3200 64, and a 9800 pro today from newegg. i will give you a good review in a few weeks after i get it all set up .. I am military overseas so it takes about 8 days to get most stuff ordered from the states ...

from what i have seen if you like ASUS get a ASUS board . if you like MSI get that one .. there all too close in the reviews for one to stand out that much ..

Comment

Working...
              X