Intel D875PBZLK BIOS update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel D875PBZLK BIOS update...

I built my new rig with this machine with out intending to do any overclocking. I was reccomended Intel's boards for my particular situation and I went with the 875 northbridge chipset because I'm still quitethe avid gamer.

Anywho, I bought a gig of Geil DDR400 as seen in my sig for this computer to run in dual channel mode.

Firsttime I entered BIOS to check the memory settings it had Auto Timing enabled and the timings were set too 2.5-4-4-8. A little confused I changed them with out a problem.

Now, before I flashed my BIOS it only showed me the timings I had inputed. Afterthe flash, it has timings that I can modify (which I have set to the memory's labeled timings in my sig) and timings that are grayed out in the bottom for each memory slot.

The mobo has 4 memory slots and I have arranged the sticks in dual channel mode, so out of the 4 grayed slots only 2 read anything, but the readings for my memory in those slots reads as 2.5-4-4-8 with *'s next to both the 4's.

My motherboard manual mentions nothing of this, I ain't finding much on the Intel site, do you guys think my memory is running at my set timings or on the computer's "No touchie my timings" timings? :?:

Am I just being paranoid about this? Is there a way to check to see what the memory is actually running at? :shrug:

Comment

CPU-Z for Windows® x86/x64 is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system : Processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels. Mainboard and chipset. Memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD). Real time measurement of each core's internal frequency, memory frequency. CPU-Z is fully supported on Windows® 11. The CPU-Z‘s detection engine is now available for customized use through the CPUID System Information Development Kit, a professional SDK built for the Microsoft Windows & Android.

Comment

Thanks a lot SoulBurner. :D

Comment

Working...
        X